Organise m3u Lists

paulsavo

paulsavo

Is there anyway to organise the m3u8 lists for live tv? i have a number of different providers and each 1 is about 300 channels so scrolling down in guide between them takes forever, is there no way to say move right or left between different lists in guide, this is what happens in other players

thanks

Paul

EODCrafter

Here's a Script to add Channel Numbers.....Otherwise you would need to manually Edit or Use XTeVe. XTeVe is still in the Dev Stages for Emby....

#!/bin/sh
: > emby_iptv.m3u
wget "URL" -O iptv_download.m3u
awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' iptv_download.m3u >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
mv emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u
  • Like 1

paulsavo

its not really channel numbers im talking about its more switching between providers for eg in perfect player on the guide you can hit left or right key and it switches categories or providers

• Like 1

We plan to improve our channel management features in a future update to allow you to do this. Thanks.

oreo_steedwagon

Cancelling my subscription because of this. It's been the same response to the question for months, so I will consider coming back to Premiere when it's available. Shame as the app is otherwise perfect for my needs.

Edited by oreo_steedwagon

Here's a Script to add Channel Numbers.....Otherwise you would need to manually Edit or Use XTeVe. XTeVe is still in the Dev Stages for Emby....

#!/bin/sh
: > emby_iptv.m3u
wget "URL" -O iptv_download.m3u
awk '/#EXTINF:-1/ {gsub(/EXTINF:-1/, "& tvg-chno=\"" ++channel "\"")} 1' iptv_download.m3u >> emby_iptv_tmp.m3u
mv emby_iptv_tmp.m3u emby_iptv.m3u
rm iptv_download.m3u
What's the url and where do you get the epg?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

EODCrafter

What's the url and where do you get the epg?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Yea, The URL is something that's not "ShareWare" and the EPG is usually Provided by the IPTV Provider.

snodrog742

We plan to improve our channel management features in a future update to allow you to do this. Thanks.

Heard this for at least 2 years...

muppets4

Heard this for at least 2 years...

I had a forum post about this too. Two in fact. Answer is always 'in a future release'. That works for a year, but two year?

EODCrafter

I had a forum post about this too. Two in fact. Answer is always 'in a future release'. That works for a year, but two year?

They did actually close a similar issue on Github and reference a newer issue of the same thing.

5bd6d257e7959_Screenshotfrom201810290426

Edited by EODCrafter