#41 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14067 posts
  • Local time: 07:02 PM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:27 PM

Will this app trigger HDR when playing reencoded 4K video with the black bars cropped? There appears to be a problem with ATV and a height of anything < 2160 pixels

That is why I wanted to use Serenity, to test.

Having playback issues of 4K currently, but the dev is working on it.
  • FrostByte and kingargyle like this

#42 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14067 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

Need to hide/manage trailers when in Movie view, as there are always 2 of the same name.

Perhaps there needs to be an intermediate "Details" page where trailers etc are listed?

#43 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14067 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

Are there any logs created on the device @kingargyle?

#44 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 113979 posts
  • Local time: 02:02 PM

Posted 16 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Try using a pw param with plain text. You can drop the hashed param.

#45 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:48 PM

Need to hide/manage trailers when in Movie view, as there are always 2 of the same name.

Perhaps there needs to be an intermediate "Details" page where trailers etc are listed?

Yeah, right now I just list items that are type Movie... Unfortunately on my dev system I currently don't have Trailers enabled.   Please open a bug on the projects site so I can schedule this work.

#46 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:49 PM

Try using a pw param with plain text. You can drop the hashed param.

The issue was just that the Date format had changed from 3.3.0 to a different format at least as of 3.6.0.   It looks like the serialization of the ISO date format was corrected in later server versions.  I just made it so the client will handle either date format.

#47 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 10:52 PM

Will this app trigger HDR when playing reencoded 4K video with the black bars cropped?  There appears to be a problem with ATV and a height of anything < 2160 pixels 

Currently Serenity will run into the same issue as the official Emby app, as we both use the same internal video player, and ExoPlayer itself is having some issues with these files.  Once Exoplayer fixes things on their end we'll get the same benefit in both Serenity and Emby.    Also, Serenity right now is taking a to agressive approach to files that it thinks can't be direct played on the device.   I need to do some work around that and have an open issue on that.  Probably will be a little while before I get to it with the Holidays coming up.

• CBers likes this

#48 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

For those having problems playing 4k content with Serenity, I should now be able to debug those issues, as I have an NVidia Shield Android TV device.  Depending on time I should hopefully have it addressed in a 2.1 Milestone build.  Keep an eye out here for links to the downloads.

• CBers likes this

#49 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 14067 posts
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 27 December 2018 - 03:32 PM

Thanks @kingargyle.

#50 kingargyle OFFLINE  

kingargyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

Finally got some time to address some of the playback issues.   Next release should have the following improvements:

1.  Better detection of whether a device will support direct streaming or if transcoding is needed.

2.  If you button mash on the Movie view, you'll be able to move through the videos faster.   This mainly affects Android TV devices that do not have a FF and REW button.  If you have an Amazon Fire TV you can use FF and REW buttons to move faster through the list.

3. If you have a Plex Server and and Emby Server, the app should be able to correctly and more reliabley switch back and forth between the two servers.

I still need to test this out on the NVidia Shield... and I should be receiving an Android TV ADT2 from Google at some point.

Still need to run it through more tests before putting up a new build.

• CBers likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users