Grab Now Playing Coverart and Progress Bar for Second Screen

Volfan6415

Volfan6415

So i have a wall panel that i would like to display the now playing info of currently playing media on the emby server.  My home automation server can process the logic i was looking around in the api but couldn't seem to see if there was an easy way to access what i was looking for.

Ideally i would want 5bba17c079682_Capture.png

To be displayed when something is playing.  i grabbed this from my home screen. This really shows what i want which is the file playing as well as an indication of where it is in the movie and how much time is left. Is there an http request that can be formatted to get this when a file is playing?  I am already using the webhooks plugin to notify on start/stop play and pause that can pass all of the data parameters so my home automation server should be able to format the appropriate http request.

Volfan6415

Luke,

Thanks.  So i see how i can get an image and add the playback bar to it.

http://Server_IP/emby/Items/f00ba70019d6e993b8f7d4685edc7acf/Images/Primary/0?PercentPlayed=10

My question now though is what API call needs to be made to access the percent played data?  I see the API calls where the clients posts that data to the server but i can't seem to locate where that can be accessed.

Volfan6415

Ok i think i found it under the items query:

"UserData": {
"PlayedPercentage": 59.3224387985323,
"PlaybackPositionTicks": 34299378959,
"PlayCount": 4,
"IsFavorite": false,
"LastPlayedDate": "2018-10-08T03:42:46.6056912Z",
"Played": true,
"Key": "389"
},

• 3 years later...
marvinac1

I am no developer but I am in need of this. I have Emby running on a computer and I have Emby installed on my TV. I would like to have a monitor to display what is currently playing but I am no programmer. Can you please help me with this. I am a paid member.

1 minute ago, marvinac1 said:

I am no developer but I am in need of this. I have Emby running on a computer and I have Emby installed on my TV. I would like to have a monitor to display what is currently playing but I am no programmer. Can you please help me with this. I am a paid member.

Hi, can't you just use the web app and remote control the TV app?

roaku
5 minutes ago, marvinac1 said:

This might be in the ballpark of what you're looking for:

• 4 months later...
Volfan6415

So i was using the PercentPlayed= option documented at Images · MediaBrowser/Emby Wiki · GitHub  for a while now to load a progress bar over the image.   However, i am currently running the current beta (4.8.0.15) and the bar is not being added to the image grabs.  See the attached screenshot.

Did the api call change for this?

emby screenshot.png

Hi, we're adding a new image processing library (libvips), in addition to skia, and this is unimplemented with that.

This is really better rendered client-side as opposed to putting pressure on the server to draw it.

Volfan6415

Ok.  I am disappointed to hear this as it was convenient to use.  But I will try and find a work around for my implementation.

Thanks 

Edited by Volfan6415