Channel Takes 20 Seconds to Load

EODCrafter
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

You can't compare PotPlayer to the web app. Web browsers have limited format support compared to a standalone video player. That is why it is transcoding and that will cause startup to take a little longer.

EODCrafter

You can't compare PotPlayer to the web app. Web browsers have limited format support compared to a standalone video player. That is why it is transcoding and that will cause startup to take a little longer.

I have no idea what PotPlayer is but the Problems "My Wife" is having is with the Client on Nvidia Shield. When I get some more time I will try to send logs for that but it's very intermittent and seems to happen at just the inappropriate time.

Is there any way I can force Emby to Always Direct Play with absolutely no transcoding to a client? I think I need this for the low-end equipment I have. That is one advatntage PP has over Emby. The "Server" is direct playing on the device that it's serving and uses HW Decoding like VLC does.

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

We will always avoid transcoding when possible to do so. Thanks.

That doesn't really answer my question. No matter what I do Emby is always writing files to that transcoding file I show above.....

Even when the Server Panel says Direct Streaming....

How can I turn that off no matter what?

None of these Streams need any Transcoding. I absolutely do not need rewind, Pause, FF if it improves my Streaming Exp. To avoid the backlash of others, I'm NOT saying remove these features, just asking for a toggle.

Edited by EODCrafter

Direct streaming is not transcoding. It is just streaming the content via Emby Server instead of direct to iptv source. Our store apps do not play directly to iptv sources because we cannot verify the legality of the content and we do not want to violate app store policies.

But if you use one of our downloaded apps such as Emby Theater, it can direct play to the iptv urls.

That doesn't really answer my question. No matter what I do Emby is always writing files to that transcoding file I show above.....

Even when the Server Panel says Direct Streaming....

How can I turn that off no matter what?

None of these Streams need any Transcoding. I absolutely do not need rewind, Pause, FF if it improves my Streaming Exp. To avoid the backlash of others, I'm NOT saying remove these features, just asking for a toggle.

You can deny transcoding at the user level (look at user options) but, that means playback will fail when transcoding is needed.  Is that what you want?

EODCrafter

You can deny transcoding at the user level (look at user options) but, that means playback will fail when transcoding is needed.  Is that what you want?

I tried it at the user level and play did fail. I will keep tinkering till I can have reliable TV Service, or it may never happen thru Emby. When I had it on Google Cloud it seemed a lot better than a home PC but that trial will eventually run out.

5bb9d308ca030_Capture.png

Any other suggestions?

Edited by EODCrafter

EODCrafter

But if you use one of our downloaded apps such as Emby Theater, it can direct play to the iptv urls.

My Main Living Room TV is VIA Nvidia Shield, can't do this. I will look at what else is available.

EODCrafter

Yea, sorry, it is just too much risk of violating app store policies.

Thanks for being honest....That explains a lot.