Can't add Collections to collections

invertedknife

invertedknife

I want to add the Marvel individual collections (Iron Man, Captain America, etc.) to a bigger all MCU movies collection but can't seem to be able to do so.

weirdly i can add ant man and avengers collections but not others... 

logs attached

New Text Document.txt

Edited by invertedknife
  • Like 1

invertedknife

Why do you feel that you can't do this?

i mean when i try it won't work. only the ant man and avengers collections show up. the others don't

invertedknife

I have a marvel cenematic universe collection that I created manually. I want to add all the marvel movies I have as well as the marvel movie collection. I am able to add the marvel movies just fine. But when I add marvel movie collections to the mcu collection I am unable to. Expect for the ant man collection and the avengers for some reason. The log I attached is me doing just that.

invertedknife

Nothing? Like it will say item saved or item added or something but doesn't show up in the collection

invertedknife

Tested, no problem found here.

Try creating brand new collections.

did some investigation, looks like i can only add items that are not [MB Auto Set]

hmm maybe not...do the logs say anything? 

Edited by invertedknife

invertedknife

yeah...i don't know what to say. when i try to add certain collections (not limited to the marvel ones) they don't show up. 

Happy2Play

I just tried to make a new collection containing collections and it was created in \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections folder but does not show in web client UI.

invertedknife

I just tried to make a new collection containing collections and it was created in \Emby-Server\programdata\data\collections folder but does not show in web client UI.

yeah i had the same problem as well. when i try to create a brand new collection, it won't show up. but the folder gets created. i am not sure what collections can be added to collections but some work and some don't. 

RobWayBro

Has the path changed for the beta?  On the 3.5.3 stable release the collections folders are created in c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections (no programdata in the path)

Happy2Play

Has the path changed for the beta?  On the 3.5.3 stable release the collections folders are created in c:\users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections (no programdata in the path)

No it depends on how old your installation is.  Your paths show a installation before system/programdata folder separation.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Detail4687

I have the same issue.  Some Collections are able to be added to other Collection. For others the the right-click 3-dots option to "add to Collections does not appear. Here are examples.....

1. This shows that I have successfully added existing Collections to another Collection "Marvel Universe"....

5ce9fe9ac34a8_Screenshot20190525at194815

2. However, when I try to add "Spider-Man" Collection, the option does not appear...

5ce9fefc64606_Screenshot20190525at195016

Version  4.2.0.8 beta