Photo

Opus 5.1 audio and Beta 3.0.108

Best Answer speechles , 30 September 2018 - 04:31 PM

Check your PM's ;)

Yes sir. That video has a corrupted opus audio track. Eventually about 3/4, maybe 80% in the audio starts to glitch, eventually freezing the stream. It almost is like there is corruption in the beginning of the stream too. Like someone tried to merge audio very badly and didnt line up any timestamps. Like cut together two different audio into one. To remove what though? Maybe their bad rip and wanted to correct that glitch.. who knows. But that video looks like its a merged audio. Ran it through G-spot and most definitely not a normal sound wave and appears to be different decibel levels too. The beginning is the same way the audio stream is bad at the start. This causes the video to stall for a few seconds and fail direct play.

The new beta released today, will direct stream this, copying the video and transcoding the audio. For obvious reasons. Now when you attempt to seek, this works just fine. The only issue is now you cannot resume. To resume would require a full transcode of that hevc stream to h264 and do a heavy cost to your PC because of the audio issue. I did not do this. The app will never do this. Well it may eventually. Never say never. it may do this if we eventually include force transcoding without direct stream. So please, when you have time please mark this thread as answered after you do more tests on your videos. If you do still find problems, please leave this thread open unanswered as we are still going to need it.

Thanks

Go to the full post