Recordings show versions. "Undefined" and WTV filename? Why?

Steveo369

Steveo369

Hi:

I'm not sure if this is a ServerWMC issue, or related to the the ServerWMC plugin, or Emby Server, so I'm posting it here.  If this is a ServerWMC specific issue, please feel free to move the post to the correct subforum.

I'm using ServerWMC with a Ceton 4 tuner PCI card on a Windows 7 machine with Windows Media Center correctly configured.  Recording seems to work fine, live TV is hit-and-miss, based on some of the recent postings.

One thing that I'm seeing as an issue is that all recordings show a "Version" dropdown menu on the screen where you can play the video.  The dropdown menu shows a version of "undefined", and a 2nd version listed as the .wtv filename as recorded by Windows Media Center.  The "undefined" version appears to be the default version.  I also note that when a recording is active, the dropdown menu indicates (2) listings of "undefined" and no other version.  

In general, if any version listed as "undefined" is attempted to be played, the player fails.  Typically spinning circle of death colors, but not always.  Behavior is somewhat consistent across Web app (PC/Chrome), Emby Theater (Windows), iOS app (latest version). 

I note that the Kindle Fire app does NOT list a dropdown menu or show the 'undefined' version, which seems a bit strange.

Is this expected behavior?  Why are multiple versions of the recordings showing up?  There's only one copy of the recorded TV file in the recorded TV directory.

Hi there, did you also add these recordings as an emby library? Or are they just coming from server wmc?

Steveo369

The recordings have not been added to an emby library.  The same dropdown is shown whether browsing to the recording using either the "Live TV -> Recordings" pathway, or the top level "ServerWMC Recordings" pathway from the Home Screen. 

(I'm still not sure why emby shows these two pathways; it seems the ServerWMC integration is a bit half-baked with the native Live TV functionality...)

Happy to post logs or other configuration information if it's helpful.

There is currently a problem with playback of recordings via the server wmc plugin. I will have to work with the plugin developer in order to resolve it. The plugin needs an update. You can follow this issue here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/57468-new-serverwmc-update-3272018/?p=593314

In the meantime, the simplest workaround is to add your recordings folder as a regular emby library and just play them that way. That will work just fine.