NextPVR and Live TV

arrbee99

arrbee99

Been experimenting with using NPVR and the plugin to play IPTV or m3u stuff or whatever its called.

So generally m3u channels are playing pretty well in the NPVR app and also pretty well in Emby when using Emby directly, but when using NPVR and the plugin to send though the channel to Emby its usually plays the same bit of the program on a loop.

I though I'd send a log of that happening so I restarted the server and told it to play a channel (started at 13:26:00). This time it played for a minute or so then just froze on the screen, though I could back out OK. Tried playing same channel again (started at 13:28:00), and it played for a bit then started repeating (I think, bit difficult to tell), then fell out of the program and returned to the guide page.

Forgot to mention this is in desktop ET and latest server beta.

embyserver.txt

arrbee99

Well I have and I could but to me -

- the plugin is the only way I've found that (easily) provides images for m3u channel programs and

- it seems to be a bug and bugs should be squashed, squished, jumped up and down on then vacuumed away and emptied into the bin never to be seen again*.

*apologies for the hyperbole.

Spaceboy

Use the in built m3u features. It’s much much better than a plugin. No hyperbole

arrbee99

Might have to, but still think if its a bug it should be fixed, even if its unlikely to be top of the pile.

We will test the core features personally, but we rely on community help for the plugins. Without that help this will be unlikely to change, so that's why we suggest using the built-in m3u feature. Thanks.

arrbee99

I'll ask if Sub or Sven can help, am just wondering if -

- from the logs you're happy that it is a NPVR / NPVR plugin thing not an Emby thing, and

- you think maybe applying that loopback option (if thats the right name) would help or even be possible to apply ?

• 7 months later...
arrbee99

Probably not the highest priority, but if anyone had any thoughts about this. Emby plays this iptv ok when added directly to Emby, and NextPVR plays it fine in its own app, but it only plays for about a minute in Emby via the NextPVR plugin and about a minute in Emby using the Nextpvr stream (not via the plugin).

Attaching a server log in case anyone feels the urge. I played via Chrome (direct stream I think) and Theater (direct play I think) using Nextpvr. The last one playing is using iptv directly in Emby,

embyserver.txt

• Like 1

kanipek

Probably not the highest priority, but if anyone had any thoughts about this. Emby plays this iptv ok when added directly to Emby, and NextPVR plays it fine in its own app, but it only plays for about a minute in Emby via the NextPVR plugin and about a minute in Emby using the Nextpvr stream (not via the plugin).

Attaching a server log in case anyone feels the urge. I played via Chrome (direct stream I think) and Theater (direct play I think) using Nextpvr. The last one playing is using iptv directly in Emby,

I am seeing the same behavior here -- 1 provider I use is behaving exactly as you describe. A different provider acts as expected - normal playback. Same setup as you describe. If you find anything out please let me know.

arrbee99

I am seeing the same behavior here -- 1 provider I use is behaving exactly as you describe. A different provider acts as expected - normal playback. Same setup as you describe. If you find anything out please let me know.

Interesting. Thanks. Actually I thought it was to do with the plugin, but now presume after getting the same thing after using streams from NextPVR but not via the plugin, its something different.

arrbee99

Am trying it again now and some of it seems to work. It just seems easier to everything in one place. E.g. recording OTA using NextPVR but using Emby to record from iptv.

Also for me Nextpvr has the best guide with images for iptv as well as OTA.

Also to me its a bug and bugs should hopefully be fixed.

Also to me its a bug and bugs should hopefully be fixed.

Sure, but sometimes when we offer too many ways of doing the same thing it gets a little out of hand. It's hard to support them all, so rather than continue down that path, it might be more practical to just reduce the number of ways of doing it.