Video Error - Ignored

myrokulife

syralk

We're transcoding 4k to 4k. If we limit that to 1080p it should be fine i would think.

my tv is 1080p so and the video is 720p :) 

syralk

Just got the same error on the Roku premiere 4620ca

I rebooted the Roku and it did the trick

I attached the Roku log Log.txt

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Just got the same error on the Roku premiere 4620ca

I rebooted the Roku and it did the trick

I attached the Roku log attachicon.gifLog.txt

Rebooting the Roku made the item play properly?

syralk

Reboot the Roku 4620ca fix the issue.

But

The issue still show on the Roku express 3900ca for the first time you open a hevc video.

And the for the Roku 3700ca it's no way to play the hevc video its just showing video ignore each time

syralk

It could be an idea to put in the Roku emby app setting : transcode hevc codec on/off

This could be auto set by default by the Emby app when it know the device model but can be change later in the setting.

This is just a suggestion [emoji4]

Edited by syralk

syralk

What is your G: drive?

G: drive is a USB 3.0 HARD drive power by a external power source, it is not a network drive :)

but the issue only occur on the Roku Express 3700 , 3900

the Roku premiere 4620 work well

Edited by syralk

As a test, can you try setting up a small video library on your c: drive and see how that compares? Thanks.

syralk

As a test, can you try setting up a small video library on your c: drive and see how that compares? Thanks.

just try by putting the videos on the C: drive

same issue

on the Roku express 3900 get the popup for video error then go to the next video and transcode

on the Roku express 3700 get the popup for video error then do not play at all, event after retry

syralk

And it's only doing that on the hevc videos. H. 264 video work fine.

I did the same test on the Samsung tv... A old one and the transcode work right away no error

syralk

Juste did the same try on the Roku 3

Work like a charm

The issue seem to be only with the Roku express 3700

Roku express 3900

Juste did the same try on the Roku 3

Work like a charm

The issue seem to be only with the Roku express 3700

Roku express 3900

Are the firmware versions the same on the different devices?

syralk

Are the firmware versions the same on the different devices?

All of them are on last firmware of Roku and last version of emby app

Edited by syralk

Exactly what firmware version is that?  I've seen several different variants of 8.1 on different devices.

syralk

Exactly what firmware version is that? I've seen several different variants of 8.1 on different devices.

This one work great Roku premiere : 8.1.0 build 4145-29

This one is getting the ignore message Roku express 3900ca : 8.1.0 build 4145-51

I'll will check for the Roku 3700 later

Does your drive "sleep"?

A sleeping drive wont affect direct play as much, since the roku will wait for the stream. It will direct play on a roku model premier 4620.

But on an underpowered roku express, which has to have the video stream transcoded it makes ffmpeg become involved. Ffmpeg starts as the drive is waking up. It isn't technically a timeout per say, since the roku got data, just was left hanging on any data that wasn't already in a cache/buffer and had to be read from the drive. So you get an error that it doesn't understand. The generic one, with that one I always attempt one retry anyways and usually that works. They might try the same thing here, even if it is transcoding already, when you get that error the "format detected" routine the roku firmware runs didn't understand the stream. Might be the sidecar data in that stream mucking stuff up maybe.. 

syralk

Does your drive "sleep"?

A sleeping drive wont affect direct play as much, since the roku will wait for the stream. It will direct play on a roku model premier 4620.

But on an underpowered roku express, which has to have the video stream transcoded it makes ffmpeg become involved. Ffmpeg starts as the drive is waking up. It isn't technically a timeout per say, since the roku got data, just was left hanging on any data that wasn't already in a cache/buffer and had to be read from the drive. So you get an error that it doesn't understand. The generic one, with that one I always attempt one retry anyways and usually that works. They might try the same thing here, even if it is transcoding already, when you get that error the "format detected" routine the roku firmware runs didn't understand the stream. Might be the sidecar data in that stream mucking stuff up maybe..

That what I do on the Roku express 3900

But on the Roku 3700 I play get the message retry and it do not work anyway.

That what I do on the Roku express 3900

But on the Roku 3700 I play get the message retry and it do not work anyway.

Probably the max-level of the h264.

The 3700 is based on the Mali 400 mp2 (v500) GPU which appears not to support level 5.1 inside h264. The 3900 looks like its based on the mali 450 mp2 (v52) GPU which means it supports level 5.1, but its dumbed down in cores to only 2 so maybe this causes a bottleneck somewhere? I know the dumbing down in cores restricts it to 1080p even though the GPU could technically handle 4k otherwise.

There should probably be an option in the app, the max level used when transcoding to h264. Thats the easiest way to handle it without having to base it on model# and trying to auto-detect poor performing devices...

QZlV1m0.png

Edited by speechles

syralk

Probably the max-level of the h264.

The 3700 is based on the Mali 400 mp2 (v50) GPU which appears not to support level 5.1 inside h264. The 3900 looks like its based on the mali 450 mp2 (v52) gpu which makes it support level 5.1, but its dumbed down in cores to only 2 so maybe this causes a bottleneck somewhere? I know the dumbing down in cores restricts it to 1080p even though the GPU could technically handle 4k otherwise.

There should probably be an option in the app, the max level used when transcoding to h264. Thats the easiest way to handle it without having to base it on model# and trying to auto-detect poor performing devices...

Agree,

An option in the setting to force transcode

Agree,

An option in the setting to force transcode

Huh... no no no.. not anything to do with force transcode.. It is _already_ transcoding for that underpowered device. This is more to do with the limited capabilities of some roku devices and the poor detection developers are given to detect things between different roku hardware platforms...

An option to let the user change the maximum level the application will use when transcoding the video stream into h264. If this were 4.1 instead of 5.1, it would work just fine on your roku model 37xx just fine and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But using level 4.1 for everything isn't optimal as you restrict higher end devices to the limits of the lower end devices.

My solution in the blue neon app for this very problem is an option in settings: "h264 MAX Transcode Level".. defaults to 5.1, but lets you choose 4.0, 4.1 or 5.0 if you want too.

But you think, wait.. didn't roku create the device.canDecodeVideo() just for this? Well yeah, you can try to use that, but roku doesn't let that return "true" for level 5.0 or 5.1 for ANY roku device. So in effect, while that could be useful and make the app able to auto-detect support for MAX level it isn't possible at this time. The only solution, is to let the users set the maximum.. (or detect by model # which is flaky at best, but can be done)...

@@Luke you are correct. It appears that one, the log the ffmpeg log is fine. That must be the one that worked for the fellow. The other one shows ffmpeg stalled. Creates the m3u8, goes through the dance of reading what codecs are supported and hangs. It has to be a sleeping drive, or the entire OS was asleep and wake-on-lan was sent. FFmpeg spawns, but has to wait on data which is what the log shows, but why it doesnt continue logging? the log just shows its starting to transcode and just isn't.. 

2018-08-14 22:09:08.811
Application version: 3.5.2.0

http://192.168.42.100:8096/emby/videos/99c40ad0ef3b5f1c9e97b3ff61e763e1/hls1/main/1356.ts?DeviceId=29e7a776-ea71-5cf2-b9f2-0799c75bb90b&MediaSourceId=99c40ad0ef3b5f1c9e97b3ff61e763e1&VideoCodec=h264,hevc,vp9&AudioCodec=mp3,aac&AudioStreamIndex=1&VideoBitrate=79616000&AudioBitrate=384000&MaxFramerate=61&MaxWidth=3840&MaxHeight=2160&PlaySessionId=91e2078dff7c4f5380ed665f05ed1b22&api_key=0eacccc35c05417abbc5d7448a4d105b&SubtitleMethod=Encode&TranscodingMaxAudioChannels=2&RequireAvc=false&Tag=5a2981553631b32d1ddb0caca5696f3b&SegmentContainer=ts&SegmentLength=3&MinSegments=1&BreakOnNonKeyFrames=True&h264-maxrefframes=16&h264-videobitdepth=8&h264-profile=high,main,baseline,constrainedbaseline&h264-level=51&aac-audiochannels=6&TranscodeReasons=AudioCodecNotSupported

{"Protocol":"File","Id":"99c40ad0ef3b5f1c9e97b3ff61e763e1","Path":"G:\\Shows\\Insatiable\\Season 1\\Insatiable - S01E05 - Episode 5 WEBDL-720p.mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv,webm","Name":"Insatiable - S01E05 - Episode 5 WEBDL-720p","IsRemote":false,"ETag":"5a2981553631b32d1ddb0caca5696f3b","RunTimeTicks":40759881728,"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"IgnoreDts":false,"IgnoreIndex":false,"GenPtsInput":false,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":true,"VideoType":"VideoFile","MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/48000","VideoRange":"SDR","DisplayTitle":"720P H264","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"BitRate":2301750,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":720,"Width":1280,"AverageFrameRate":23.9760246,"RealFrameRate":23.9760246,"Profile":"Main","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":31},{"Codec":"eac3","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","DisplayTitle":"Eng Dolby Digital+ 6 ch Default","IsInterlaced":false,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","DisplayTitle":"Eng","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"dut","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","DisplayTitle":"Dut","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":3,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"spa","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"European","DisplayTitle":"Spa","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":4,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"fre","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","DisplayTitle":"Fre","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":5,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0},{"Codec":"subrip","Language":"ger","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","DisplayTitle":"Ger","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":6,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":true,"SupportsExternalStream":true,"Level":0}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":2301750,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{}}

User policy for kaven: EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -ss 01:07:48.000 -noaccurate_seek -f matroska,webm -i file:"G:\Shows\Insatiable\Season 1\Insatiable - S01E05 - Episode 5 WEBDL-720p.mkv" -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 copy -bsf:v h264_mp4toannexb -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 libmp3lame -ac 2 -ab 384000 -af "volume=2" -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -start_at_zero -segment_time 3 -segment_time_delta -4068 -individual_header_trailer 0 -break_non_keyframes 1 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 1356 -segment_list "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\3c6b543cbbfef5aa5ac636d0d99cee4d.m3u8" -y "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\3c6b543cbbfef5aa5ac636d0d99cee4d%d.ts"

ffmpeg version 4.0.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
  built with gcc 7.3.1 (GCC) 20180710
  configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-bzlib --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable-gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf --enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth
  libavutil      56. 14.100 / 56. 14.100
  libavcodec     58. 18.100 / 58. 18.100
  libavformat    58. 12.100 / 58. 12.100
  libavdevice    58.  3.100 / 58.  3.100
  libavfilter     7. 16.100 /  7. 16.100

This is an h264 file, so appears does happen with h264 too one must assume. It's a sleeping os or drive?

Edited by speechles

syralk

Huh... no no no.. not anything to do with force transcode.. It is _already_ transcoding for that underpowered device. This is more to do with the limited capabilities of some roku devices and the poor detection developers are given to detect things between different roku hardware platforms...

An option to let the user change the maximum level the application will use when transcoding the video stream into h264. If this were 4.1 instead of 5.1, it would work just fine on your roku model 37xx just fine and we wouldn't even be having this conversation. But using level 4.1 for everything isn't optimal as you restrict higher end devices to the limits of the lower end devices.

My solution in the blue neon app for this very problem is an option in settings: "h264 MAX Transcode Level".. defaults to 5.1, but lets you choose 4.0, 4.1 or 5.0 if you want too.

But you think, wait.. didn't roku create the device.canDecodeVideo() just for this? Well yeah, you can try to use that, but roku doesn't let that return "true" for level 5.0 or 5.1 for ANY roku device. So in effect, while that could be useful and make the app able to auto-detect support for MAX level it isn't possible at this time. The only solution, is to let the users set the maximum.. (or detect by model # which is flaky at best, but can be done)...

Thanks

Hope it will help them

That's what it looks like to me yes, a sleeping drive or some kind of I/o problem reading the file.