Dark overlay

tuvx

If I play a playlist and jump to next item (in list) I get a dark overlay.

Is there a way to stop this from happening?

5b329482cfe1d_EmbyTheaterOverlay.jpg

I switched the theme from dark to light blue, and the same thing happens except I get a blue overlay now.

Can you describe exactly what you're doing? From just a quick test i can't reproduce. Thanks.

1. Open Playlists from Home.

Open a Playlist.

Choose Shuffle.

Press down arrow, and then right arrow to the next icon 5b32a21bba8a4_Nexticon.jpg

Problem, every time.

I tried another PC, and the problem is reproducible (for me).

Also, on a side note, not sure if this is a bug or just because its Windows, but loading the playlists and advancing shows is very slow compared to the Web Interface, Fire TV, and LG apps.

Usually within 5-10 seconds, but also occurred when I waited 45 seconds between jumps. During the latest test, it worked the first jump, but on the second it happened again; then if stopped and reshuffled, it did it every time I jumped. 

Guest asrequested

1. Open Playlists from Home.
  2. Open a Playlist.
  3. Choose Shuffle.
  4. Press down arrow, and then right arrow to the next icon 5b32a21bba8a4_Nexticon.jpg
  5. Problem, every time.

I just tried this, and didn't have a problem. But I am using an electron beta. That might make a difference.

Thanks. Based on his screenshot it looks like he's using the store app. That's what i tested today and I didn't' see the problem either.

I do not need to click "next" to see the issue; it occurs even when the next show in the playlist is played automatically (when the previous ends).

I recently rebuilt the server with a fresh Windows install, version 1803 build 17134.112, due the host of other issues I was having that your team was unable to resolve.

The clients showing the issue are using the Windows app v1.1.210.0 installed from the WIndows app store on Jun 19, 2018.

FrostByte

I'm not seeing this issue either using the UWP app v210 and the same build of Windows.  I've tried 4K and non-4K playlists, a mixture of both, playlists that transcode and ones that don't and I can't get it to do this.

Have you installed the latest drivers for your video card after reloading Windows?

FrostByte

Both.  I created a playlist with some movie shorts and let it play through also and I can't seem to duplicate this yet.  I'm about to try some other video formats now

Guest asrequested

I do not need to click "next" to see the issue; it occurs even when the next show in the playlist is played automatically (when the previous ends).

I recently rebuilt the server with a fresh Windows install, version 1803 build 17134.112, due the host of other issues I was having that your team was unable to resolve.

The clients showing the issue are using the Windows app v1.1.210.0 installed from the WIndows app store on Jun 19, 2018.

So you're playing tv shows? I tried with music. Does it happen with playlists of other media?

I only use Playlists for TV Shows, because I like to shuffle a variety, and collections does not allow this. I will create a Playlist of movies and one with music for testing and let you know by tomorrow.

Ok, right now the three of us can't reproduce it. I'm in process of packaging a new app release so please try that once available. Thanks.