125 replies to this topic

#121 matt_ttam123 OFFLINE  

matt_ttam123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Local time: 11:23 AM

Posted 30 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

I'm about to get someone setup with Emby thinking of getting an Xbox One X for them to use Emby Theater with it. Its just a simple setup projector (non 4k nor HDR) and a full 7.1 surround system, is there anything I should be aware of before switching from the dedicated NUC I was going to use there instead?

#122 shrouski OFFLINE  

shrouski

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Local time: 02:23 PM

Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:13 AM

I'm about to get someone setup with Emby thinking of getting an Xbox One X for them to use Emby Theater with it. Its just a simple setup projector (non 4k nor HDR) and a full 7.1 surround system, is there anything I should be aware of before switching from the dedicated NUC I was going to use there instead?

It won't output Atmos / DTS MA, although the Xbox supports it, only the BluRay app will output it, 3rd party apps don't have access. I'd love to know how you get on with the NUC as I'm thinking of getting one.

#123 matt_ttam123 OFFLINE  

matt_ttam123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

It won't output Atmos / DTS MA, although the Xbox supports it, only the BluRay app will output it, 3rd party apps don't have access. I'd love to know how you get on with the NUC as I'm thinking of getting one.

I've setup a NUC for another family member its good because it allows me to remote into it if need be, essentially I run windows 10, turned off all updates, no lockscreen, set emby theater desktop app to launch on boot, scheduled task to reboot every once a week which also allows emby theater to install any updates it has pending, plus I use another app in the background to check every few seconds that emby theater is open and not crashed / hung it restarts the app if it is.

#124 FrostByte OFFLINE  

FrostByte

Advanced Member

• ForumMod
  • 3854 posts
  • Local time: 06:23 AM
  • LocationThe UP

Posted 22 December 2018 - 09:10 AM

Loaded version .240 last night which appears to have fixed the issue of the circle of death and huge playlists for me.  My music playlist is almost 9 days long (not sure how many songs that equates to but it's a lot) and I can now skip tracks forward and backward again which I haven't been able to do since May of this year.  Thanks

Edited by FrostByte, 22 December 2018 - 09:11 AM.

#125 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124473 posts
  • Local time: 06:23 AM

Posted 22 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

#126 Scott310 OFFLINE  

Scott310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 01:48 PM

Loaded version .240 last night which appears to have fixed the issue of the circle of death and huge playlists for me.  My music playlist is almost 9 days long (not sure how many songs that equates to but it's a lot) and I can now skip tracks forward and backward again which I haven't been able to do since May of this year.  Thanks

I concur.  My large library is loading and playing movies as well for the first time in a long time.  No circle of death thus far. 

• FrostByte likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users