Fast Forward Previews?

JDeLuca

JDeLuca

Is it possible to set Emby in Apple TV to show previews when fast forwarding? If not, do any of the other platforms support that like RoKu?

Thanks

corey

By fast forward previews do you mean the image above the scrub bar that shows up? If that's the case than currently it's outside of our control. The Emby Apple TV app uses the built in native player for Apple TV and Apple TV will show those previews on supported formats.

Senna

Is the new libmpv based player going to support live scrubbing with preview thumbnail, just like MrMC is doing right now, for almost all major formats like mkv ?

Senna

We're going to have to build that feature with the new player.

Looking forward to that, presuming it is on Emby's road map for the libmpv based Emby app for the Apple TV :)

Looking forward to that, presuming it is on Emby's road map for the libmpv based Emby app for the Apple TV :)

To set expectations - our primary focus with the new player engine will be to improve playback and reduce the need for transcoding.  I expect we will actually lose some bells and whistles in the early going (things like this that the native player does for us) and gain better playback.

Then, after that, we will look to add in the bangles.

• Like 1

Senna

I know the drill concerning new implementations in software, so no rush ;)

Now I know that this feature is on your road map for later implementation when the time is right.

JDeLuca

Thank you everyone for the info, and yes, I was talking the image above, and seems to be what your talking about.  So how about the Roku?  Is this feature available on that platform? 

So how about the Roku?  Is this feature available on that platform? 

If you install the Roku Thumbnails plug-in and allow it to create these previews on your media (this is fairly resource-intensive).