Subtitles question

golfboy

golfboy

Hello again!

After my first thread and after my first experience with Emby Im using it so much! ITS WONDERFUL :D

Now I was looking for a way to download subtitles automatically to my movies and I even found out that Emby can do this!

Now is my question:

How do I set this up?

I have done the following:

Went to subtitles (in the server manager) and filled in the details - the username and password. Also enabled save in media folder, related to subs, in the library - movies.

I think this was everything I had to do?

Now I tried watching a movie but unfortunately without subtitles. I tried to search something on this forum, and I saw something about subtitles on the bottom of the first page. all the subtitles should be in the Metadata folder. But it's almost empty (just 2 files)

Can you guys help me again? I filled in the details 10 minutes ago, maybe it needs some time?

Thanks! :)

That's the open subtitles rate limit. I think it's 100 per day. Give it a try again tomorrow. Thanks.

golfboy

@ Luke

Its now 5 days later but I still don't see a file in the Metadata manager -> Media folders. Is this the correct place? (For the subtitles)

I think it's still busy with all the movies but it should have now around 500, right?

I would like to see which ones it already did, if possible :D

have you tried using the manual subtitle downloading feature? maybe there just aren't any available for your videos.

The reason I ask is because if you're not getting subtitles automatically, then the first step is to use the manual downloader to see what is actually available, and then that can clue you into what automatic download settings you might want to change.

golfboy

@@Luke

Sorry that it took a bit longer to post a reply, I had some tests last week and yesterday.

I can't find the manual subtitle downloading anywhere?

Also I have set the language on Ducth; Flemish. (I need dutch only?)

I can't find the manual subtitle downloading anywhere?

Right click an item (or use the '...' menu in a number of places) and select "Edit Subtitles".

golfboy

@ ebr

Ah! It didn't showed the option on my phone, but it did on my pc. Thanks!

Unfortunately I couldn't find a match when I tried it manually, I even changed to find a different language (English) and still nothing.

I also changed the file name to title + (year), but this didn't gave me any results either.

My settings (in the library tab, are as follows:

Subtitlesdownloader

Download language - Dutch; Flemish

Checked the box with OpenSubtitles

Unchecked the box with download subtitles only with a perfect match

Unchecked the box that's skips substitles when the audio is the same language

Checked the box that it skips when the file already has a subtitles burned in

Checked the box that the subtitles are saved in the media folder

Edited by golfboy

That either means there are none available on open subtitles, or you didn't enter any open subtitles account information.

golfboy

@@Luke

Oops, I forgot to mention that on OpenSubtitles there are 44 subtitles available (Top Gun).

I thought, let's try to find a subtitle manually for movies that already have subtitles.

My folder structure is as follows:

Movies -> Action

-> Fantasy

-> Crime

-> sort out (Gotta find subtitles in this folder)

And it immediately found the subtitles! I tried to find some more, and it worked.

So I went back to my sort out folder, the ones that don't have any subtitles, and couldn't find a subtitle for about 20 different movies...

The only differences between the movies that have subtitles and the movies in "sort out" are:

- The movies in the other folders have subtitles burned in, using handbrake as .mkv file.

- The movies in "sort out" folder are in different formats; .mkv and .mp4 files. The result is the same with those 2 files.

Okay, this is quite confusing, but I hope I made the whole thing clear!

Also, now I got a thread up, what folder structure would be recommended for Emby?

Check to make sure that your movies have imdb id's assigned, because those are needed with open subtitles.