Emby Server Weather

john1701

john1701

Maybe able to load weather like to good old days of MB2.6.2?   NextPVR has weather that works and emby server loads the channel logos and tv show logos from nextpvr. Maybe emby could load the weather from nextpvr?

• Like 10

I suppose if enough people want it but this just isn't really our core focus.

aspdend

Maybe able to load weather like to good old days of MB2.6.2?   NextPVR has weather that works and emby server loads the channel logos and tv show logos from nextpvr. Maybe emby could load the weather from nextpvr?

I am hoping that someone will bring this in with one of their skins for ET - used to love that facility on MB, but with the lack of skins...may be quite a wait still

• Like 1

otispresley

Why not bring it as a plugin with an API token, like Weather Underground? Each user would be responsible for registering for their API token. It could also potentially be used to pull weather information in with Emby for Kodi as well. This would be better on Emby Server, because it would be far fewer API calls to the service than having it client side.

• Like 1

CBers

+1 for weather information being displayed.

I have my own Weather Station that reports into Weather Underground, so displaying it within the Emby ATV app would be rather cool.

• Like 2

Pelon

I would like to have the weather also, but it has to be at the client level, or at least if the server is getting the data, it has to be the weather for the client location.

I use Emby 90% of the time at home. So for me most of the time the server information would be the same as the client information.

But to me, getting the weather information only for the server, would be like all client applications always displaying the server time and not the local time.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
mediacowboy

I would like weather as well but one step more where we could config alerts.

For example I live in tornado ally and if the weather station says take shelter I would love to have a system wide message to all clients connected.

• Like 1