Download limit per user per day

ambesaw

ambesaw

Hi I love emby it’s to good to be true kind of thing. Thanks! I use emby for sharing my movies on local network, but I want to limit the number of downloads per user per day. So that my network don’t get busy. So my question is how do I handle this? Please help.

Edited by ambesaw

ambesaw

Hi. Just so we're clear, what are you calling a "download"?

Hi ebr I was mostly interested on video files. but I mean any content video or music.

But, by "download" do you actually mean downloading the entire file to the device for offline playback or are you actually talking about limiting playback?

ambesaw

But, by "download" do you actually mean downloading the entire file to the device for offline playback or are you actually talking about limiting playback?

oh ok, I was thinking about the downloading the file to the device, but its also good to limit also the playback too.

CarlosLima

Hi, I would open a new topic just about this topic; download and my doubts are:

1. I have a local embyserver, with content on the server in my house. the client can download the movie in fact, that is, it will download and can watch offline?

2. I have an embyserver in virtual machine, with content in the cloud, in .strm files.

Can the customer download what content exactly? ie will it download the movie file itself or will it just have a pointer to the url to the strm file and if I remove the video file in the cloud, will it lose access?
thank you very much for your information

ambesaw

Hi, I would open a new topic just about this topic; download and my doubts are:

1. I have a local embyserver, with content on the server in my house. the client can download the movie in fact, that is, it will download and can watch offline?

2. I have an embyserver in virtual machine, with content in the cloud, in .strm files.

Can the customer download what content exactly? ie will it download the movie file itself or will it just have a pointer to the url to the strm file and if I remove the video file in the cloud, will it lose access?

thank you very much for your information

I am new. but on web browser client page version there is an option to download content to the client device. But i want a limit on this. 

We don't currently have a setting for this but it's not a bad idea for the future. thanks.

ambesaw

We don't currently have a setting for this but it's not a bad idea for the future. thanks.

Can i help?  if possible. I am a programmer and i would like to contribute. If you direct me to a documentation, i would love to help out. i already have the source code from github.    thanks

Jdiesel

I can't find the post now but there was a user on here who was able to setup rules on their nginx reverse proxy to limit downloads . I think the reverse proxy was setup to limit the download speed and number of concurrent downloads but I am not sure about the number of daily downloads. 

Can i help?  if possible. I am a programmer and i would like to contribute. If you direct me to a documentation, i would love to help out. i already have the source code from github.    thanks

This actually isn't an easy one to help with because it will require knowledge of the entire system. We have to the user permission added to the server, then we have to get the server to return error response codes on download attempts, and then we have to get the apps to display friendly error messages. This also affects the download & sync feature so there's a bit involved here.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
pelisflixs

Buenas tardes me gustaría que se pudiera limitar a cada usuario la cantidad de archivos (Música, Videos, Películas) que descargan de forma simultánea y la velocidad de descarga de los mismos.

ejemplo:

El: Cliente 1--  solo pueda descargar 2 archivos usuario de forma simultánea de la biblioteca películas y bloquear la descarga de otras bibliotecas 

El:  cliente 2-- solo pueda descargar 5 archivos de usuario de la biblioteca de música de forma simultánea y bloquear descargas de otras bibliotecas

El:  Cliente 3 -- solo pueda descargar 1 archivo de usuario de todas las bibliotecas de forma simultánea

Armageus
On 23/05/2018 at 14:18, CarlosLima said:

Can the customer download what content exactly? 

Customer?

Doesn't seem appropriate for a personal media library 🤔