HTPCs and Windows 10 1803

Xanthos

Xanthos

hi,

im really disappointed. i changed my htpc hardware and moved from win7 with emby media center plugin to windows 10 with emby theater 3.0.0

shortly after the start or already after installation the computer freeze, only mouse is working. doesnt matter if fullscreen or windowed mode or if playback or just moving around in the menues.

Specs:

- Win10 Pro 64bit 1803

- Pentium G4560 (Intel HD graphics 610 with newest driver 24.20.100.6025)

any ideas except going back to my old sys? :)

Xanthos

hi, yes "no updated available" drivers are newest as well. (i fresh installed it yesterday). no problems except with emby theater :(

Guest asrequested

Beware of the new upgrade. Chrome locks up the computer. Which means you can't use Theater desktop, as it uses chromium. I've been battling it for hours. It's a known very large bug. Hopefully there'll be a fix, soon.

• Like 1

Tur0k

Beware of the new upgrade. Chrome locks up the computer. Which means you can't use Theater desktop, as it uses chromium. I've been battling it for hours. It's a known very large bug. Hopefully there'll be a fix, soon.

Thank you for he heads up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest asrequested

In my case, it only happens on my machine with an i7 7700k (Kaby Lake). I'm using another machine, temporarily, and it hasn't locked up. It's running on an i7 6700k. There's a big driver update for the iGPUs, and it looks like Windows has been adjusted for them, in particular gen 7 and above. As those get the new driver. This machine apparently isn't getting that iGPU new driver. Microsoft had a brain fart.

Happy2Play

Interesting as it all my Windows 10 machines are getting 1803 right now.

Guest asrequested

Looking good. It looks like Cumulative Update KB4103721, has fixed the problem :)