3.3.1.0 playback problems

adrianwi

adrianwi

I've just done a portupgrade on my FreeNAS 9.10 emby jail from 3.3.0.0 to 3.3.1.0 and everything appears to be broken :(

My aTV client runing 1.15 won't even login in and I get an 'Oops. Something went wrong... Error signing in" message and whilst I can sign in and browse my media through Safari and the iOS client it won't play anything.

Annonomized log file attached.

server-63660459446.txt

Edited by adrianwi

I think your login problem is due to parental control access schedule:

2018-04-27 21:01:55.658 Info HttpServer: HTTP POST http://N.N.N.29:8096/emby/Users/authenticatebyname. UserAgent: Emby/3 CFNetwork/897.15 Darwin/17.5.0
2018-04-27 21:01:55.661 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.3.1.0
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server
	Operating system: Unix 10.3.0.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.2.0 (5.2.0.215 Thu Apr 12 08:50:56 UTC 2018)
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server
	MediaBrowser.Controller.Net.SecurityException: User is not allowed access at this time.

adrianwi

Yes, I would agree.  I've just worked that out after deleting the aTV app and reinstalling.  By doing that it showed me a list of Users and I when I tried one it didn't work but when I tried another it did.  That's a problem with the App as when it wouldn't let me log in with the default user (the one caught by the parental controls) it should have given me an option to login with another, but it just showed a Starting Up... message so I would never have been able to login without changing the default users settings on the server (or deleting and reinstalling the App)

Doesn't explain why nothing would play back on the other clients logged in to a User with no parental controls?

Edited by adrianwi

adrianwi

They've gone as I've rolled back to 3.3.0.0, which is working fine again.  I'll give 3.3.1.0 a miss...

corey

@@adrianwi --

Regarding the problem of logging in with a default user with parental controls enabled can you provide information about which parental controls were enabled or possibly provide a screenshot of the user's configuration from the server? I'd like to be able to repeat this and get it fixed.

Thanks!

adrianwi

It was just an access schedule I'd set on my daughter's account, so she couldn't watch before 07:00 or after 20:00.  There are also some restrictions in terms of ratings, but this wasn't the problem.

On my Apple TV, she is set up as the default users so it shows her library at startup.  If I want to watch something that isn't available in her library, I switch to my user.