No "Plug-Ins" tab in configurator

gregfink
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

gregfink

I have the newest Server and MBC but don't have a plug-ins tab in my configurator.  So I can't download new or update any plug-ins.  Any ideas?  Running ROC and changed to Chocolate too.  Same thing. 

Thanks!

• Solution

Do you mean the config screen inside of MBC?  There is still a plug-ins tab in the configurator but you cannot install or update them there.

In order to manage plug-ins inside MBC, you must be logged in as an administrative user.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this is the problem I'm having... When I go into my plugin tab and plugin catalog the screen goes into the catalo screen, then when I click on a theme to download the screen goes dim as tho it is about to open another screen, but just hangs there without opening anything....

It works fine on my lounge media centre, but not my bedroom one. I assume I'm logged in as admin, it says I am in my user accounts in control panel.... Is there anything else anyone could suggest how to get it working??? Cheers

Ky

Yeah, the catalog has a problem on a 4:3 aspect ratio.  I've got it on my list to look into but, honestly, I don't want to compromise the interface for an aspect that should be very little used these days.

Ah ok cool, thanks for the info... at least I know to stop trying lol.. I was re-installing over and over and playing with settings lol... Would there be another way to install a theme - behind the scenes somehow? Thanks for ur reply

Cheers

Ky

Ah ok cool, thanks for the info... at least I know to stop trying lol.. I was re-installing over and over and playing with settings lol... Would there be another way to install a theme - behind the scenes somehow? Thanks for ur reply

Cheers

Ky

Got another computer you can use to Remote Desktop into that computer? I've gotten around resolution problems with other software packages that way. Just have to set the resolution options for the remote session before making the connection.

Thanks for your help guys.... I just got it to work by just changing my display resolution to a widescreen setting, even tho the display was wrong, I went in and downloaded and installed the diamond theme, then once that was done went back and corrected my display res back to the 4:3 ... And viola ... Now it has the new theme back on the old res... Thanks guys...probably solved ...

• 6 months later...
Immisorator

I am having a similar problem. i can open the configurator and plugins tab, but no way to download new plugins.

I am Admin, and also tried running as admin, since ti's screwwy that way

I am using a 1920 x 1080 screen resolution.

and i did just update to newest MB3Classic since it popped up an update to have me update it.

but i would really like a different theme.

Win8.1 Pro w/ media center x64 if that makes a difference

MrWebsmith

you need to use the plugin catalog within mbc itself now.. its no longer in the external configurator app, but in the configuration menus within mbc itself.

you need to use the plugin catalog within mbc itself now.. its no longer in the external configurator app, but in the configuration menus within mbc itself.

That very answer is marked as the answer to this topic and appears in green at the top...  :huh:

• 1 month later...
johnbury

Hi

I too am seeing this issue:

Running Win 8.1

MB Server and MB Classic operating on same machine and all up to date

Logged in as an administrator

Screen in 1920 x 1080

Cannot see the 'System' or 'Plug-In' tabs on the 'Media Browser Classic Configurator'

cheers

CBers

Hi

I too am seeing this issue:

Running Win 8.1

MB Server and MB Classic operating on same machine and all up to date

Logged in as an administrator

Screen in 1920 x 1080

Cannot see the 'System' or 'Plug-In' tabs on the 'Media Browser Classic Configurator'

cheers

Re-read the thread, especially the Best Answer post!

johnbury

Hi

Thanks for the quick response

I thought I had read things quite carefully before posting.

I have been reading a recent guide regarding configuring the Games Browser plug in.  I have installed this on MB Server and in MBC, and have completed part of the configuration task from within MB Server Configuration, however to complete the task, the guide appears to instruct me to go to the 'Media Browser Classic Configurator' (a windows application?).  The guide I  am referring to is:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/16380-gamebrowser-guide/

and the section is titled:

Extra Setup 

Windows and DOS Games (Mediabrowser classic only)

If I have misunderstood, then my apologies... I would still like to know how to get this to work!

Thanks

You are running a dev version of MBC.  You will need to go back to the release because no alternate way of configuring that plug-in has been created yet.

johnbury

Ah!!!  I would never have spotted that.  Thanks for the reply!  I have now re installed the release version of MBC and can see the tabs.

Thanks again

John

• 2 months later...
dowen01

Afternoon All

I am so confused right now, I have been having the issue that "johnbury" talks about and cant seem to solve it

I did do what "EBR" said and install the non beta version (3.0.258.0) but no luck

What am I missing?

5525917eea7b5_Capture.png

dowen01

Ok that answers half of the question (I didn't really ask the other half :P)

I have an auto login setup (done on the system tab) how do I go about removing / updating / changing it :S

Ta :)

dowen01

Arggg I went to create the user just to get this working and the allowed characters have changed I had a "&" in the user name but I cant recreate that anymore :(

Just edit the common config file and change the find server automatically value to True.

%appdata%\mediabrowser-classic\configurations