Resume settings in exact times rather than percentages

NearWinter

NearWinter

The resume settings don't exactly work well between movies and TV shows, movies are generally much longer than an episode of TV. For example Lord of the Rings Movies can be well over 3 hours, a 15% minimum resume setting would consider the movie unwatched even after watching half an hour of it.

A simple resolution would be to change it from percentages to exact times. In my case 5 minutes would work extremely well between both movies and TV shows but there's no setting possible to fit both TV shows and movies when it's in percentages. OR add the option to use both.

Edited by NearWinter

I'm not sure I agree - at least on the max setting.  In that case, the % is much better suited since longer items tend to have longer credits.

The min setting, I guess could be an absolute time that would work for both though...

NearWinter

Yeah I was referring to the minimum specifically as I have somebody that plays like 2 minutes of an episode before moving on because they've watched it before. To prevent their resume watching list from populating drastically, I raised the minimum to 15% which is far too high for long duration films that would then require 30 minutes of watching before it's considered resumable.

In my situation there's no solution to both these situations with the current settings being in percentages, as for the maximum I have no problems with the current settings.

Edited by NearWinter