Crashes with 3.3.1.0-1: Error in FFProbeProvider.HasChanged

m33e
Go to solution Solved by m33e,

steps to reproduce on my machine:

- uninstall all plugins

- start emby

- i dont interact and just let it do its job

- after ~30mins-1hr after start, it always crashes with "Error in FFProbeProvider.HasChanged". 

log attached

(note: I also had this same error with previous versions. plus before the FFProbeProvider stuff, I experienced crashes while scanning unavailable networks paths, as described here: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/56037-emby-crashes-when-processing-unavailable-media/, but that seemed to be fixed in a recent build)

server-63655939950.txt

Edited by m33e

solabc16

Hello @@m33e

As a test, does this still happen if you disable realtime monitoring for the library/libraries?

The setting is under Dashboard -> Server -> Library -> "Library Name" -> Manage Folders -> "Enable real time monitoring".

Best

- James

• Like 1

• Solution

I had realtime monitoring enabled for one of my libraries. Disabling this like you suggested seems to have stopped the constant server crashes. At least it is running for 3 hours now, which it didnt last before.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@@solabc16 I never encountered this issue again. However emby would still crash after a while, but this time with no apparent error message in the log. last 3 times I observed this, the last entry was the kodi EmbySync plugin stating that the sync was complete, then no log message again for 1-2mins, then EOF & emby shuts down. I couldnt make anything of it to report, so I switched to a dockerized solution for now, which is now running for a week without any complication.

I could still provide a log for the random crashes if you'd like. Although I dont think it'll provide much insight..

solabc16

Thanks for the update @@m33e, the server logs themselves won't provide much information in the event of a crash. However, if you run the send logs utility, that will likely give us the information we need - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Is there anything specific you've configured differently in your Docker environment?

Best

- James

Thanks for the update @@m33e, the server logs themselves won't provide much information in the event of a crash. However, if you run the send logs utility, that will likely give us the information we need - https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Synology-:-How-to-Send-us-Support-Logs

Is there anything specific you've configured differently in your Docker environment?

Best

- James

I'll try the support log thing when I get to it again, as for the configuration, I manually migrated pretty much all settings from my syno pkg to the docker installation, so no, everything should be the same