.NET package issue with Collections and Multi-version movies

millerajm
Go to solution Solved by millerajm,

millerajm

Hi just upgraded to the .net package. Everything seems to be running great, but I have found one issue.

Adding a movie to a collection seems to have no effect if that movie contains multiple versions.

Attached is the log file, I add Alien vs Predator Reqiuem, which has just one version. Then I add AVP: Alien vs. Predator, which has 2 versions (it displays with a blue circle and has the versions identified correctly on its movie page).

When I do this though, the multi-version film doesn't appear in the collection, it also doesn't appear in the collection in the Metadata manager, however if I look in /var/lib/emby/data/collections/AVP [boxset]/collection.xml I can see that it has added one of the AVP files.

Requiem appears to be the only item in the collection, the multi-version film doesn't show up at all in the collection's page, and shows by itself on the Movies page, as though it were never added to a collection.

If I start by adding the multiversion film, I just end up with what appears to be an empty collection.

Let me know if I can add any more information! Previously I was using the auto box set plugin, but before this test I uninstalled it and deleted the collection it had made.

Thanks!

serverlog.txt

collection.xml

• Solution
millerajm

Just to check, I'd like to delete all the collections made by autoboxsets in the previous installation and try again. Is there a better way to "purge" these collections than just deleting them in the Web interface? Is there another place besides /var/lib/emby/data/collections? I may just delete them all in the Web interface, empty that directory, and then delete library.db entirely and rescan and try manually making the collections again. Let me know if you can think of anything else to try!

EDIT:

I deleted all collections, and tried again, no luck. Then I deleted all collections AND library.db, and did a complete rescan.

After that, AutoBoxsets works fine, and adding multi-version films to collections works correctly!

Edited by millerajm

Happy2Play

Hmm guess I should have refreshed this page as I had it open in my browser. :) 

Was just going to report I couldn't reproduce this.  Glad you have it working.

Edited by Happy2Play