Client apps - Display logged on user and connected server on home screen.

digger11

digger11

I mostly use the Fire TV app these days for playback, and appreciate how it shows the logged on user on the home screen.  When I use the mobile apps, or Emby Theater I find myself missing this information, even though it is only a click away in the user settings screen. 

I would find it very helpful if the home screen on all of the apps had the ability to display not only the logged on user, but also which server it is connected to.  I find it aggravating when I realize I've been streaming content from the server at our vacation home for days, after forgetting to switch back to the local server from watching live tv on the vacation home server's cable tuners.

If screen real estate is the issue, maybe it would be possible to assign a color to a server, and use that color for the server's icon on the "Select Server" screen, and as the color of the Settings icon, or as the background color for something else on the home screen.

My workaround, which works ok for Fire TV and Emby Theatre, has been to create a jpg with a solid-color background, and with my initials in a large font in the foreground, and then use that jpg with a different colored background as my profile image on each server.  Unfortunately the iOS and Android apps don't seem to do anything with the user profile image.

We can definitely add this to the left edge swipe menus.

Unfortunately the iOS and Android apps don't seem to do anything with the user profile image.

FYI - the apps do fully support customized user images.

Everbrave

We can definitely add this to the left edge swipe menus.

FYI - the apps do fully support customized user images.

I think that permanently displayed info. on the page is better (one click less).

Any ETA for that?

Thanks