Emby Apps View

ghostquito

ghostquito

Please add the different views to the emby apps, my roku app doesn't have different view settings, just one.

In the emby webgui you can select List, Poster, Poster Card, Thumb.. List is the one i want to use on the roku app.

I have long filenames and the name gets cutoff with the default roku view.

• Agree 1

• 5 years later...

@JPgruenewaldwhich specific device/app are you wanting this on?

We plan to have most views available on most devices - as they make sense.  For instance, a large table view may not make much sense on a TV interface.

JPgruenewald

@ebrAs a first step the web UI would be sufficient for me. I know that it makes most sense on large screen devices. But even on tablets this could be a handy feature (iOS and Android). Thanks for your reply! 🙂

Hi.  The web app already has a table view.

Click the "..." at the top of the view, drop down the "View" option and select "Table".  You can also select which fields to display.

image.png

• Thanks 1

JPgruenewald

Oh nice! Thanks for the hint. I was looking for it in the global settings. But 2 things can be improved or am I missing something?

1) How to swap columns?
2) Can I adjust the column width by hand? I think it's auto fitted but sometimes its better to cut the titles to get more columns on the screen 😅

JPgruenewald

And one more question:

3) How to apply it in album and playlist view?

image.thumb.png.826b4cfb7ed4eed78fa55012afd5b3c0.png

Edited by JPgruenewald

20 minutes ago, JPgruenewald said:

1) How to swap columns?
2) Can I adjust the column width by hand? I think it's auto fitted but sometimes its better to cut the titles to get more columns on the screen 😅

I don't believe it has that flexibility at this point.

17 minutes ago, JPgruenewald said:

How to apply it in album and playlist view?

Those would both be detail pages so don't have different view styles.  They are both pretty much already tables though.

• Thanks 1

JPgruenewald
10 hours ago, ebr said:

Those would both be detail pages so don't have different view styles.  They are both pretty much already tables though.

The default view is already really good. But it would be nice to be able to display a detailed table for each listing (album view, songs view, ...) in the future. So that you have existing views for simple playback and an expert view that shows all the info. I can understand that this "expert view" is perhaps hardly used. However, in some places the table view is already implemented, so it might not be too much effort to integrate it.

Thanks so far! 🙂

• Thanks 1