Emby in Kodi displaying weird sources for movies

pcgirl

Went to watch a movie last night and when we selected a movie we were presented with a strange "Select the Source" screen with weird sources displayed.  This seems to be happening on all my kodi emby devices.  I am currently using Kodi 17.1 and Emby addon 3.07a.  I have attached a copy of the message that we are seeing and my log file.

5a6e19363e27f_IMG_2009.jpg

log-2018-01-28-18.24.52.zip

sualfred

Is this a trailer select dialog?
-> If yes, do you have the Emby Trailer addon installed on your server?

-> If yes, remove it  and perform a library scan on the server. 

Explanation:

The trailer addon has a higher priority and ignores the trailer from the nfo, because it raises the "LocalTrailerCount" value. Local trailers are preferred.

I am not sure if it is a Trailer Select dialog.  It has never come up before.  I do have the Emby Trailer addon installed.  I will try deleting it and doing a library scan on the server and see what happens.

sualfred

I faced it a few weeks ago with the same strange namings. Each of this options leads to a trailer.

For some reasons the official trailer addon of Emby returns multiple sources for some movies. You won't get this select dialog in the webgui, but in Kodi. 

I took out the Trailer addon and then also rebooted Emby Server and my kodi pi.  I think that has solved the problem.  However, I have all these Place2Home files that don't seem to be anything.  Not sure where they came from and how to get rid of them.  Also, how do I get trailers now?

sualfred

@@Luke

It's caused by the Emby Server trailer plugin. It deliveres multiple sources for some movies.

@@pcgirl

The Emby server scraps the trailers of your movies (if available). The trailer addon isn't required for this. 

Angelblue05

Yea it always has.

I added support for multiple sources to Kodi with 3.0.x. Why aren't they labelled correctly for intros (you said to use the name of the source for user selection)? Why do I have to create different support for this? Such a pita.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

There are some kinds of items that you just shouldn't show the selection for, and this is one. We'll have to figure out how to get that information in the api. Thanks.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

When I get a trailer item, how can I identify that it's a trailer to avoid the source selection for now? Is there a marker only for trailers like item['Type'] is trailer?

Angelblue05

You can copy this algorithm:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-webcomponents/blob/master/itemhelper.js#L292-L308

I made this decision making client-side to avoid bloating the api output, which means you'll want to subscribe to that for changes.

Thank you, I'll add that to mine to avoid this issue in Emby for Kodi.

Angelblue05

You guys have lost me....so should I use the emby server trailer addon or not?

Sorry. You can use it. I will correct the add-on so it doesn't popup source selection for trailers, which is what you were seeing. I'll have a new build later today.

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

You know how you obtain trailers/intros: 'Users/{UserId}/Items/%s/Intros'

Well that api fills in everything that is to be played before playback. If you have the server plugin Trailers installed, it provides trailers that have multiple mediasources and triggers the select dialog for source, with weird names.

Following this here should fix it (to skip over specific type of media for media source selection):

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/emby-webcomponents/blob/master/itemhelper.js#L292-L308

I hope that makes sense :) That's what I understood from it. I could never get the trailers plugin working in my case, so I can't test myself. I can see my intro, but not trailers that should be played before it.

Edited by Angelblue05