Playback Error

schogobong
Go to solution Solved by schogobong,

schogobong

Hi everybody,

So first of all a short disclaimer: I am quite new to the whole NAS-thing and I am very new to Emby, so I might not be able to follow everything. So far I have been using just my Kodi set-up, but as I want to sync my database across multiple devices I would like to start using Emby. Still, I would like to be able to use the web-app functionality to access my movies.

My Set-up:

- QNAP NAS

- Emby 3.2.60.0 directly from QNAPclub Store (using the web-app)

- ffmpeg 3.4.0 directly from QNAPclub Store

- Qmono 5.4.1.6.0 directly from QNAPclub Store

Most of the movies on my NAS have been properly added to the Emby library.

My Issue

When hitting play on one of the movies in my library (web-app) I get the following error message:

"Playback Error  No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

Looking at the logs this seems to have something to do with ffmpeg and that's also what I have found in this forum so far. Unfortunately, even after half a day of trying to figure this out, I am still unable to resolve this issue.

I would definitely appreciate your help guys!

emby system log.txt

schogobong

I actually don't (or didn't) know to be honest. But I have seen that solution in another thread before and I wasn't able to install it to my NAS as I don't seem to have 64-bit.

It's a QNAP TS431P

PenkethBoy

Its an ARM based CPU for the 431P

• Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-212 @1.4GHz (Dual Core ARM Cortex-A15)

The Emby .netcore will not work as the ARM version is not available yet - IIRC problems with the MS .netcore on ARM processors - Luke can confirm this

It looks possibly permissions related to me, as if ffmpeg is stalling out when trying to read a media file.

schogobong

Yeah I've read that in one of the other threads. But how would I be able to do that? Sorry - real beginner here.

Through Emby I am able to navigate to .qpkg/ffmpeg (is that even the right path?), but I can't figure out how to get there with the QNAP Filestation or what permissions to change.

Btw, in the log I attached previously, that ffmpeg path is a different one because I just saw that path in the forum a few times ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution
schogobong

I was able to resolve this with a suggestion by DaOptika. He had an issue with the movie duration not showing up in Emby, which was also related to ffmpeg.

It seems that QNAP also uses ffmpeg for its own media library. So after pointing the transcoding ffmpeg path to /mnt/ext/opt/medialibrary/bin/ffmpeg it seems to be working (at least so far).

Edited by ebr
changed path reference