Multiple .m3u tuners gives multiple of same channels

andlo

I am trying IPTV from buy-iptv.com, and they only allow one stream from each subscription. Så signing up for for subscriptions makes i posible to record from multiple streams at the same time.

BUT - setting up multipme m3u tuners whith same channels but different stream urls gives an EPG whith the same channels multiple times. That dosnt give a nice visual look...

How to setup multiple m3u tuners whith same channels and make it looks like when usin HDhomerun tuners where there is only one EPG per channel evean that there is more tuners servicing that channel ?

hi, we don't currently have this for m3u but hopefully our upcoming channel management features will allow you to configure something like that. thanks.

• Like 1

@@Luke , so we get the same sort of channel merge features, just as in DVBLink, where channels of different sources/m3u tuners can be merged, acting like 1 channel, based on channel name ?

That feature would be great, to also have in Emby.

• Like 1

hi, we don't currently have this for m3u but hopefully our upcoming channel management features will allow you to configure something like that. thanks.

Any idea when ? I could setup a tvheadend backend but if it is soon i can live whith having mutiple channels, and mutiple Now playing of the same....

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
casa101

dear luke,

is there any news about channel management?

Will there be also a fallback option inside automatic or manual?

Now i managed to make an m3u file with 3 subscriptions inside with all the same names and epg info and only for each the different link inside.

In this way there appears only one station name in the guide instead of 3.

The only problem now is when the first link is not correct or doesn't work well, he doesnt switch to the second or 3th stream.

Maybe you can add this in the management or add an option like the 3 dots where you can select the stream you want

i hope you come fast with the management because now i am hopping between kodi and emby but i like emby more.

Also i one room i have an xbox one which i use for iptv and for that i need a server and than i like emby the most