Recorded IPTV Does Not Play

Spaceboy

Spaceboy

Also another bug / shortcoming of converting to mkv is that the appearance of active recordings in the dashboard is very patchy. I guess this is the same issue at heart

• 4 weeks later...
Spaceboy

This is much improved, I still have the odd recording that doesn’t play but this is maybe 5%.

Spaceboy

Thanks @@Spaceboy ! If you have an example of one that is still failing we are happy to look at it.

ok then, lets do this! rather than messing around with logs i will just provide examples

https://www.dropbox.com/s/85nydgac1cn7mk6/EastEnders%202018-01-08.ts?dl=0 does not play in emby. it plays fine in vlc except it goes for 7 seconds before the video starts. i assume this is the problem. let me know if you need anything else

The app tries for 6-7 seconds to play it and then this error is generated on the server:

2018-01-08 16:33:29.371 Info App: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -f mpegts -i file:"\\mediaserver\movies\music videos\Won't play EastEnders 2018-01-08.ts" -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,1920)/2)*2:trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 4701374 -bufsize 9402748 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:if(isnan(prev_forced_t),eq(t,t),gte(t,prev_forced_t+3))" -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 copy -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\f03d497f62738ad81bbeed220fbd25b9.m3u8" -y "C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\f03d497f62738ad81bbeed220fbd25b9%d.ts"
2018-01-08 16:33:30.987 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.10
	Command line: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.<StartFfMpeg>d__72.MoveNext()
	--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
	   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.<StartFfMpeg>d__72.MoveNext()
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
	   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.<GetDynamicSegment>d__13.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()
	System.Exception
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.<GetDynamicSegment>d__13.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceExecGeneral.<Execute>d__2.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.<ProcessRequestAsync>d__15.MoveNext()
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.<RequestHandler>d__72.MoveNext()

BTW - the item also wouldn't play when I tried to directly from dropbox...

Spaceboy

The app tries for 6-7 seconds to play it and then this error is generated on the server:

2018-01-08 16:33:29.371 Info App: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\ffmpeg.exe -f mpegts -i file:"\\mediaserver\movies\music videos\Won't play EastEnders 2018-01-08.ts" -threads 0 -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map -0:s -codec:v:0 libx264 -vf "scale=trunc(min(max(iw\,ih*dar)\,1920)/2)*2:trunc(ow/dar/2)*2" -pix_fmt yuv420p -preset veryfast -crf 23 -maxrate 4701374 -bufsize 9402748 -x264opts:0 subme=0:me_range=4:rc_lookahead=10:me=dia:no_chroma_me:8x8dct=0:partitions=none -force_key_frames "expr:if(isnan(prev_forced_t),eq(t,t),gte(t,prev_forced_t+3))" -copyts -vsync -1 -codec:a:0 copy -f segment -max_delay 5000000 -avoid_negative_ts disabled -map_metadata -1 -map_chapters -1 -start_at_zero -segment_time 3  -individual_header_trailer 0 -segment_format mpegts -segment_list_type m3u8 -segment_start_number 0 -segment_list "C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\f03d497f62738ad81bbeed220fbd25b9.m3u8" -y "C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\transcoding-temp\f03d497f62738ad81bbeed220fbd25b9%d.ts"
2018-01-08 16:33:30.987 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.2.60.10
	Command line: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Processor count: 8
	Program data path: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application directory: C:\Users\spam\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
	System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	System.Exception

BTW - the item also wouldn't play when I tried to directly from dropbox...

so it gives up about a second before the video starts...

Spaceboy

slightly different but still another file that won't play on ATV https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3d0hw87joqxo7v/The%20Big%20Bang%20Theory%20-%20S11E13%20-%20The%20Solo%20Oscillation%20WEBDL-1080p.mkv?dl=0 it plays very jerkily in the webclient and ET but not at all on ATV. i had another of these recently but i got another copy. i can with this but wanted to see if there was an issue

slightly different but still another file that won't play on ATV https://www.dropbox.com/s/g3d0hw87joqxo7v/The%20Big%20Bang%20Theory%20-%20S11E13%20-%20The%20Solo%20Oscillation%20WEBDL-1080p.mkv?dl=0 it plays very jerkily in the webclient and ET but not at all on ATV. i had another of these recently but i got another copy. i can with this but wanted to see if there was an issue

Is the problem somewhere within the file?  It is direct playing on my nexus player right now...

Spaceboy

Is the problem somewhere within the file?  It is direct playing on my nexus player right now...

yeah it does for me now. so what i think has happened here is that the item has been added to the library but before i watch it a better quality version is added. emby hasnt picked this up and the file details it has don't match the file in place. i've just had the same happen with another file. on refreshing it does play properly. i can see for both instances that lower quality versions have been removed

• 2 weeks later...
Spaceboy

so do we need to do more of these? the original problem that is. I have another recording from friday where in vlc the video doesnt start for 10 seconds and it will not play on ATV or in the web app.i think you know the problem though

We'd probably have to look at the source of the recordings and see if they should be recorded differently.

Spaceboy

We'd probably have to look at the source of the recordings and see if they should be recorded differently.

they are Emby recordings from my iptv source. I can pm you the details but I think ebr still has them

Didn't we chase this down to being a factor of exactly when the recording starts and the fact that the necessary header information may not be in the first few seconds based on that?

Spaceboy

Didn't we chase this down to being a factor of exactly when the recording starts and the fact that the necessary header information may not be in the first few seconds based on that?

does it still occur with new recordings?

yes and yes. but you are creating the recordings