M3U streams fail to play

TenaciousJ

TenaciousJ

Hi all,

I recently purchased Emby premium for the DVR option, and have an IPTV provider that gives me an M3U playlist and EPG guide link, which I configured using M3U tuner.  The problem is that the streams do not load.  The guide propagates correctly, but no streams will play at all.  The M3U list works in NextPVR, but the NPVR service crashes a lot so I can't rely on it for stable service, hence trying to load directly into the M3U tuner.  Is there some reason why an M3U list that works in NextPVR will not work in the M3U Tuner directly?  

I haven't been able to find a straight forward M3U formatting guide for emby's m3u tuner in my searching to check the source list for errors.

Thanks for the help.

Note: the m3u format defaults to 'output=ts' but can also be set to 'm3u8' - I've tried both but neither option works.

UPDATE: I think I figured it out!  I enabled the 'autoloop live streams' option in the m3u tuner setup, and the streams started playing again =)

Edited by TenaciousJ

TenaciousJ

I set autoloop to on, and that got the streams playing in the native m3u tuner, but they stutter either on video or audio for most streams, and i've seen some time jumps where a portion of the stream plays, then repeats a few times.

When I play them in NextPVR via the plugin they stream smoothly, but the NPVR service crashes very often making the pvr unusable.  

Can't seem to get one solution 100% functional.

TenaciousJ

I've attached the logs from the latest NextPVR stream crash that occurred  - I haven't gone back to use the M3U directly in emby yet, but i'll do that soon and post logs from the stuttering issue.