Duplicate movies in Boxsets

barrettuk

barrettuk

Hello everyone - after some recent server updates (nothing else has changed) I am now seeing duplicates in Boxsets/Collections - any ideas? I have always used Auto boxsets if that matters. Also some of the duplicates don't have a cover (see screenshot), most do...

post-1339-0-07259400-1511449587_thumb.png

barrettuk

Okay I looked at one of the duplicates and the original was made by [Auto Boxsets] and the other isn't and was created on the 8th Nov which is when I did the last server updates. So did something like auto collections get turned on with updates so now I have two systems creating them? How to turn that back off and clean up my collections please?

barrettuk

Should I do that using the metadata manager or some other method - I can easy see the new ones to delete but get a warning about removing files, will this delete the movies?

Thanks!

PS. I found the path for collections in metadata manager and deleted the duplicates from the  C:\Users\MediaBrowser\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections location, restarted Emby but I still see the duplicates. I looked at the log (attached) and see errors now so not sure if I made things worse!

post-1339-0-04440100-1511465900_thumb.png

Log.txt

Edited by barrettuk

Should I do that using the metadata manager or some other method - I can easy see the new ones to delete but get a warning about removing files, will this delete the movies?

Thanks!

PS. I found the path for collections in metadata manager and deleted the duplicates from the  C:\Users\MediaBrowser\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\data\collections location, restarted Emby but I still see the duplicates. I looked at the log (attached) and see errors now so not sure if I made things worse!

I had the same problem a while ago. Most of the original collections were called "collections", and they were duplicated in "sagas". So I had X collections and X sagas (not everything was duplicated, about 75%). So my problem was simpler than yours, because there was a name difference in duplicates. I took precautions in relation to the warning message you show (I made backups of the movies to test on two or three collections) I deleted the most recent (sagas), I saw that my films did not disappear, so I deleted all the sagas without saving.