AmericanMike
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

AmericanMike

Is your server on windows?

Yes WIN 10.  Emby is now Version 3.2.60.0

**UPDATE Just updated to Version 3.2.70.0 with no change

Edited by AmericanMike

• Solution

What live tv plugin are you using? The new release adds native hauppauge support? If you like, you can now consider dropping whatever plugin you're using and relying entirely on native emby features.

• Like 1

AmericanMike

What live tv plugin are you using? The new release adds native hauppauge support? If you like, you can now consider dropping whatever plugin you're using and relying entirely on native emby features.

this is exciting.  I just dropped the NextPVR Plugin and added both Hauppage Tuners that were discoverd (2250 and 2255).  I restarted Emby server now getting Playback Error No compatible streams.  Have to go out for a bit and then will come back to look at it some more.  Any tips would be appreciated as I'm sure I am missing something.  I thrive on my free TV!!

AmericanMike

with a fresh mind I was able to work through my issues (channel mapping) and got things going.  I like the new direct support.  Testing it today then I will uninstall the NextPVR app from my computer.  Right now all I have done is stop the service.

Also now it seem my original issue has resolved as well because I can see my previous recordings grouped by series.  

Now off to test the DVR functions with the new config.

thanks for all your help.  Loving this!!!

AmericanMike

Just wanted to follow-up.  I have tested both Live TV and DVR functions.  Live TV works flawlessly.  The guide channel numbering scheme was a little different from NextPVR to the native format (ie: channel 12.1 vs 1121) but its all good.

On the DVR portion I have some challenges.

1. the ROKU Thumbnail plugin was giving me issues.  Tonight when recording the NBC Nightly News I tried to play the video after recording.  Video plays with no issue but when I want to user the right arrow key to forward through the commercials there are only 5 thumbnails on the video and I cannot forward at all.  I tried to remove the BIF file and try again by forcing the thumbnail task to run but got the same result.  After removing the plugin and restarting I can forward through the show but do not have the benefit of the thumbnails.

2. all my recorded news shows show up in my unwatched movies section.  This didn't happen in the past with NextPVR.

All in all a great experience.

Mike

hi Mike, recordings in Emby are just regular library items, so that's why they show up in your libraries. The good news is that this allows you to configure your emby library setup anyway you want it, so you could have a standalone recordings library and then use home screen settings to get it off the home screen, if desired.

AmericanMike

hi Mike, recordings in Emby are just regular library items, so that's why they show up in your libraries. The good news is that this allows you to configure your emby library setup anyway you want it, so you could have a standalone recordings library and then use home screen settings to get it off the home screen, if desired.

hmmm........Not sure how to do that for my Roku.  I tried to find some documentation on that.  Can you point me somewhere that has doco to read up on how to manage this?  I can see how to do it from my PC's browser but that is a different view.

AmericanMike

Luke, no worries I researched it and got the sorting thing all figured out.  If you need me to test anything on the .BIF file issue I was having with the ROKU plugin let me know how I can help.

thanks