TrueHD not transcoding

jonescrusher

jonescrusher

I have 3 different 2015-2016 Samsung TVs running Tizen Emby.  When trying to play a Blu-ray rip with only TrueHD audio, it is directPlay streamed with no sound even though none of the TVs support TrueHD.  I was expecting them to be transcoded but their are no remux logs and the server logs just say direct video/audio as true.  Do I have something setup wrong in the server or is the various Samsung profiles not being  found/interpreted correctly?

2017-09-30 08:56:46.767 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\DISKSTATION\Media\Blu-ray\Wonder Woman\Wonder Woman.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True

2017-09-30 09:45:25.959 Info App: User policy for mhjones. EnablePlaybackRemuxing: True EnableVideoPlaybackTranscoding: True EnableAudioPlaybackTranscoding: True
2017-09-30 09:45:25.959 Info App: Profile: Unknown Profile, Path: \\DISKSTATION\Media\Blu-ray\Transformers\Transformers - The Last Knight\Transformers - The Last Knight.mkv, isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: 

jonescrusher
Media Info

Video

CodecH264

AVCYes

ProfileHigh

Level41

Resolution1920x1080

Aspect ratio16:9

AnamorphicNo

InterlacedNo

Framerate23.9760246

Bitrate25234 kbps

Bit depth8 bit

Pixel formatyuv420p

Ref frames4

NAL4

Audio

Languageeng

CodecTRUEHD

Layout7.1

Channels8 ch

Sample rate48000 Hz

Bit depth24 bit

DefaultYes

TitleEng Surround 7.1

Containermkv

Path\\DISKSTATION\Media\Blu-ray\Wonder Woman\Wonder Woman.mkv

jonescrusher

Did some more testing.  Older TrueHD titles(5.1 or 7.1) are all correctly marked for transcoding.  Some very recent TrueHD titles like Wonder Woman and Transformers - The Last Knight do not get marked for transcoding on Samsung app.  If I play them and any older trueHD title on iPad transcoding is done and they play fine.

I also tried re-ripping the newer titles and an older title with MakeMKV again but no change in behavior.

It seems their is something about how the newer titles audio is marked that is not in synch with the Samsung profile.