original hdhr-us support with live tv

arasquinha

kanipek

i was also able to direct play from the emby app installed in kodi. Is there any way to see the channel and schedule info in kodi using emby?

There are ways to get the info in kodi - sort of. 

There are rumors of a fully fledged Emby PVR for Kodi be worked on.

For now the way I do it is setting up a NextPVR server on the HTPC - takes a little work to configure it but when it's done for me it has been rock solid. After that is installed and configured then setup the NextPVR client in Kodi and you are gold.

There are other software packages besides NextPVR that will also work - TVHeadEnd is one that comes to mind. But for me using Windows here the least complicated was NextPVR.

Setting this up in Kodi also gives you the ability to pause Live TV and do one touch type recordings if you need to.

Edited by kanipek

kanipek

thannk you for your help. is netpvr the easiest to setup? i tried tvheadend and crashed and burned. 

In my opinion yes. And like I said it is rock solid. Like it isn't even there - I don't really use NextPVR itself for anything except getting live tv/EPG into Kodi. within Kodi I use it quite a bit for pausing live tv and one off recordings.

It takes a little work to set up the server, nothing complicated. I highly suggest once you have it setup, channels added and guide data set for each of your channels for you to do an export of the channels. This will be a huge timesaver if you ever do need to reinstall.

For me Tvheadend was way to complicated. If you already have a schedules direct account - which I assume because you are using Emby then NextPVR is the way to go -- again my opinion as a windows user here.

Glad to hear you have live tv working!

arasquinha

well it started to work for some strange reason and lasted a week and now its back to being broken again. 

i tried actully installing the emby server this time. 
Wonder if its a windows 2016 thing.

i love you avatar @@Luke

makes me feel like i am talking to sheldon cooper.