Cannot change the backdrop image of a movie

Sludge Vohaul
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Sludge Vohaul

Hi,

I have problems to change the displayed backdrop image for a movie (so that it is displayed as background on the details page).

In "Edit Info" of the movie all files are checked (i.e. not locked).

There seems to be s relation to the "Download images in advance" checkbox selectable during creation of the library.

When (in the WebUI) I create a movie library with only "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" checked (all others unchecked), then for a movie which had a backdrop automatically downloaded (backdrop1), I can add a second backdrop image (backdrop2).

I then would need to "move" backdrop2 to the leftmost position with the little "<" button. This does not work, backdrop2 does not move to the left (and backdrop1 not to the right).

When I delete backdrop1 and add two new backdrops, then the two new backdrops can be toggled.

When I create a new movie library with the two checkboxes "Download artwork and metadata from the internet" and "Download images in advance" checked, then everything works as expected.

This is reproducable here with Server 3.2.27 through the WebUI as well as programatically.

Is this a feature, and if so, what's it good for, and shouldn't the "<" ">" buttons be hidden then?

Thanks in advance,

sv

• Solution
Happy2Play

As you are using a old version it is hard to say if this is a issue.  There have been issues in the past.  What browser are you using?

Just test stable and beta in Chrome and was able to toggle/shift images left and right.

• Like 1

Sludge Vohaul

@@Happy2Play

I've now tested the whole thing on Win7, Emby 3.2.30 (Windows), FireFox 55.0.3, and it seems fixed when done interactively:

Through the web interface I am always able to toggle the images left and right with 3.2.30.

Programmatically via the API, I still have issues to reindex images.

I'll open a new thread dealing with this in "Developer API":

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/50794-apiclient-server-3230-cannot-reindex-the-backdrop-image-of-a-movie/

Edited by Sludge Vohaul