Missing Active Recordings

henderjr

henderjr

All of a sudden my active recordings are missing. Seems to have started last night when the wife wanted to watch Bachelor In Paradise while it was recording. we're on the latest version, Version 3.2.30.0.

For instance it's recording Bachelor in Paradise right now. You can see it under Live TV and see that it's partially recorded but it's not listing it as active recordings and won't start from beginning if I play it via Live TV. 

I have a HDHomerun Extend that has been working fine with Emby and the ability to watch shows while recording and catch up for at least a couple months.

See attachment.

Thanks for any help!

Edit: It just started showing up now as an Active Recording. No idea why... 

post-228194-0-80654300-1504052937_thumb.png

Edited by henderjr
  • Like 1

henderjr

did you try refreshing the page?

Oh yeah. I have three Fire Sticks, other android devices, and a laptop. They all showed the same. But all of a sudden a half hour in last night it showed up as an active recording and my wife was able to watch while recording skipping commercials.

hstamas

I noticed this too yesterday morning. No indicators that anything was recording even though there was.  I have a pending show schedule for tonight and will see if Active Recordings still doesn't show up. I do believe I had a server update to 3.2.30.0 last night so I will see if that fixes the issue.

hstamas

Update: Server version 3.2.30.0 seems to have fixed the issue for me.

I now see active recordings as they are happening on my web interface home screen

kanipek

I am using 3.2.30 and I have no indication of Active Recording(s) anywhere.

Used to see these on the schedule page when they were active. I have "Active Recordings" set for the first position on my home screen and it never shows up.

Also I have a recording on the Recordings tab/page from last week listed as active - tried canceling. No other recording show up on that tab/page.

Attaching a server log during an active recording. Recording started @4:51pm Eastern and 4:55pm Eastern.

Tried with Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for reading and any help.

server-63639767270.txt

I am using 3.2.30 and I have no indication of Active Recording(s) anywhere.

Used to see these on the schedule page when they were active. I have "Active Recordings" set for the first position on my home screen and it never shows up.

Also I have a recording on the Recordings tab/page from last week listed as active - tried canceling. No other recording show up on that tab/page.

Attaching a server log during an active recording. Recording started @4:51pm Eastern and 4:55pm Eastern.

Tried with Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

Thanks for reading and any help.

Why do you feel that you can't find active recordings?

TylerV76

2 servers running .30 and neither show active recordings. They appear under "latest recordings" now. 

Edit: I toggled the "active recordings" section off and on through the web page and now its back

Edited by TylerV76

kanipek

Why do you feel that you can't find active recordings?

Because as I explained in my post - I have "Active Recordings" set for the first position on my home screen and it never shows up.

I have tried rebooting, restarting. Tried changing the order items are displayed. Can't find any indications that active recordings are happening.

Attaching screenshots to help clarify what I am seeing. That recording listed under latest recordings happened on August 27th can't get rid of it - might be related to the problem?

I have recordings happening as I post this.

post-127390-0-80276200-1504215418_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-14186300-1504215432_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-33282600-1504215439_thumb.jpg

henderjr

Yep definitely something not working right. I just started recording a show to test and can't find active recordings anywhere on the web or android. It shows it under Live TV as it's recording but I can't start watching and catch up. On my Fire TV box I can see Active Recordings show for a split second before it disappears.  

This just started happening in the last release or maybe two.

post-228194-0-81339200-1504275179_thumb.jpg

Edited by henderjr
  • Like 1

kanipek

Doing a little troubleshooting.

Using 3.2.28 everything is good.

Using 3.2.30 no Active Recording(s) found anywhere - even though they are occurring.

See Screenshots.

Thanks for reading and any help!

post-127390-0-86727100-1504275783_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-19911500-1504275794_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-10076800-1504275806_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-48987700-1504275817_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-10913700-1504275827_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-91532400-1504275836_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

What about on the server dashboard front page?

We are starting to blend in active recordings with your normal content so they should just appear wherever they belong as soon as they start recording (like in latest recordings or the show listing itself).

kanipek

What about on the server dashboard front page?

We are starting to blend in active recordings with your normal content so they should just appear wherever they belong as soon as they start recording (like in latest recordings or the show listing itself).

Active Recordings appear on the Dashboard for 3.2.28. Not 3.2.30.

See screenshots.

post-127390-0-29462800-1504282450_thumb.jpg

post-127390-0-12280100-1504282461_thumb.jpg

kanipek

Is this being looked at? Should I just switch back to a previous version?

Thanks for reading and any help!

henderjr

Sorry to be a pain. Is there any sort of update on this? Football party this weekend and want the ability to hit record and then start watching it a bit later once everyone is here (people are always late). Or where can I find an install of 3.2.28.0 which I think is the last version that let me find an play an active recording. Or how do I go about going back to that version?

I tested again today. I can see an icon that something is recording in the guide or what's currently on tv but if I click on it I can only tune to channel which is live TV and uses an additional tuner. It doesn't play the recorded file.

Thanks

This must be a common trouble to us. I have met the same trouble with you. After reading all comments, several tips are useful but not for all. 

henderjr

I uninstalled Emby and reinstalled the .28 version and then unchecked auto-update. Now I see active recordings again. I'll keep an eye out on releases and update when resolved.  Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
kanipek

It's being looked into, thanks.

Can you give me a status update on this?

I updated to 3.2.31 and I am still not seeing active recordings being displayed.

I would be happy to remain on .28 but I believe it still has the issue with guide updating - stops at a certain point - no data being displayed.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
kanipek

Okay this missing active recordings problem is driving me nuts.

Windows 7 it started. Windows 10 clean install it still continues. I know I must be in the minority or possibly even alone.

Can anyone please offer me some help?

I am attaching a server log for a time when Wagon Train was recorded, TJ Hooker also began during this time.

No Active recording listed on any page including the dash.

I am willing to do whatever is necessary to solve this issue.

server-63643420333.txt

@@kanipek can you go to the server dashboard -> logs, enable debug logging. then restart the server, repeat the test, and attach the new log. thanks.

• Like 1

kanipek

@@kanipek can you go to the server dashboard -> logs, enable debug logging. then restart the server, repeat the test, and attach the new log. thanks.

Okay. Debug on. Log attached.

Should be 3 complete recordings and part of another that was in progress at restart. All should be between 3 & 4 pm EST.

server-63643675757.txt