Treat Image As

rs6516

Not sure if this issue is coverart or server related, buy anyway, I just had an update hit last night. 

server version 3.2.28

coverart version 4.0.44

Looks like the "treat image as" option has been removed when editing the movie info. I've only used this for a few movies, but I'm wondering why has this been removed? Will it be reinstated in a future version?

The functionality was moved to tags.  Your existing items will still work but, for new ones, simply add a tag of "ca-dvd" etc.

ok thanks, the existing was removed. any tags I had setup before have been deleted/removed and the coverart was changed to match the treatment in the default profile. I even had everything locked and it still removed it. It's not that big of a deal, just sucks that I have to go back in and change it.

so, after the update I noticed some of my primary images changed. Upon further inspection I noticed the "treat image as" option has been removed. So items that I had set as DVD in that option were removed and coverart updated the image treatments to things like XviD treatments instead. I also had my entire library locked before this update. Maybe that had something to do with it?

Yes Treat Image As has changed but you said your tags list had changed so that's what I was asking about. So I guess your tags are fine?

Try going into one of these titles and adding a ca-xvid tag, if that's what you want.

Happy2Play

Since the <type> field is no longer honored, I set "Specific Cover" mapping within the plugin.

I'm sorry, I don't think I've explained this situation very well, yes, the tag option works, there is nothing wrong with it. What I'm trying to say is that I was using "Treat Image As" on a few titles before the update. I set these few titles as DVD. As a result coverart would add a DVD treatment to the Title... Ok, after the update. the "Treat Image As" was removed. Coverart then took my DVD images and put a New random treatment on them, some say XviD, others are blank, etc. (just depending on the file extension) My concern is 1) why wouldn't the update take the current value in "Treat Image As" and convert it over into a tag? It seems like it just deleted it. 2) If I take the time to add the data on titles I had set as "Treat Image As" over to the tag feature, what's to stop a new update from messing up these entries again. For example, if a year from now the tag option were to be removed an replaced with something different, or here's another example. lets say 6 months from now a change in the coverart or tag feature is required and that "ca-dvd" is no longer valid the new syntax is "cart-dvd".  would I be in the same boat I am now? I hope I've explained this a bit better. I would like to have each title setup in a way that I won't have to worry about my treatments changing each time there is an update.

We don't plan to ever change it again after introducing this new tag-based mechanism.

The treat image as field was something I wanted to remove for a long time simply because the field did not make sense for users without cover art, and it's plain text so nobody ever has any idea what to put in it. And it was a dedicated column in our database that was only used by a plugin. So it really was not a great way of doing it to begin with. 

The tag system on the other hand is perfectly suited for it.

Happy2Play

But it kills information already provided by third party metadata. :) 

Hope this gets implemented.

I suppose when we see the value we could add it as a ca- tag.

• 2 weeks later...

Since this has been changed, I'm trying to set a specific profile for a folder on my server, but am having trouble in getting it to work.  This movies in this folder are ISOs and I set it to apply the BD cover, but it's not taking.

Also, for other folders, some MKVs are from a Blu-Ray source, and others are DVD.  How would I get CoverArt to treat these images differently since the "Treat Image As" field has been removed?  Is there a way to apply it according to the resolution? 

Happy2Play

Since this has been changed, I'm trying to set a specific profile for a folder on my server, but am having trouble in getting it to work.  This movies in this folder are ISOs and I set it to apply the BD cover, but it's not taking.

Also, for other folders, some MKVs are from a Blu-Ray source, and others are DVD.  How would I get CoverArt to treat these images differently since the "Treat Image As" field has been removed?  Is there a way to apply it according to the resolution? 

I enabled "Cover by definition instead of type (HD/SD)" then applied Specific Covers.  Mapped HD to BD and SD to DVD.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 2

Deathsquirrel

I enabled "Cover by definition instead of type (HD/SD)" then applied Specific Covers.  Mapped HD to BD and SD to DVD.

And here I'd just opted to learn to love the new HD\SD logos.  This is much cooler.

Awesome.  Hopefully this will work as I'm not sure how I could change the metadata tags en masse!

Thanks Happy2Play for your instructions on how to set the covers correctly for the MKVs.

However, with ISOs mapped to BD, it still displays as DVD.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Edited by koi

• 1 month later...
Nebular Nerd

Running Server 3.2.33.0 Cover Art 4.0.55.0 at present, having read around I used Meta Browser to bulk add 'ca-BD' to the TAG tab which then adds it to the .xml correctly (I know move to .nfo, but that's not the issue as .nfo test files do the same) Cover Art is set to interpret BD as BD, HD as HD, SD as SD. Under the old TYPE tagging all worked fine but under the new TAG based system it's very hit and miss on picking up if the Cover should be set to BD (not bothering with HD or SD just let the res determine that now)

If you force a re-scan or change cover design some but not all will pick up the BD cover but checking the metadata in Emby shows the 'cd-BD' tag has been picked up on the rescan. Most odd...

Can upload logs if they would help, to save ploughing through 1000's of lines anything in particular I should cut'n'paste?

I would just have metabrowser add the tag and then run a regular library scan. see if that helps.

Happy2Play

Thanks Happy2Play for your instructions on how to set the covers correctly for the MKVs.

However, with ISOs mapped to BD, it still displays as DVD.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

Have you seen the Wiki?

Happy2Play

Running Server 3.2.33.0 Cover Art 4.0.55.0 at present, having read around I used Meta Browser to bulk add 'ca-BD' to the TAG tab which then adds it to the .xml correctly (I know move to .nfo, but that's not the issue as .nfo test files do the same) Cover Art is set to interpret BD as BD, HD as HD, SD as SD. Under the old TYPE tagging all worked fine but under the new TAG based system it's very hit and miss on picking up if the Cover should be set to BD (not bothering with HD or SD just let the res determine that now)

If you force a re-scan or change cover design some but not all will pick up the BD cover but checking the metadata in Emby shows the 'cd-BD' tag has been picked up on the rescan. Most odd...

Can upload logs if they would help, to save ploughing through 1000's of lines anything in particular I should cut'n'paste?

Yes this would solve the issues also, without any additional tags, changing HD/SD to BD/DVD.

Nebular Nerd

Yes this would solve the issues also, without any additional tags, changing HD/SD to BD/DVD.

I think I may of muddled the wording a bit, under the old specific TYPE tag setup I had BD,HD,SD then in Cover Art matching specifics and all was good, new setup I'm currently just aiming to get BD to behave using the new 'ca-BD' tag under the generic TAG tag. The main reason is I have a mix of HD from various sources while BD is to show it's a proper rip from a disc.

For example here all is well...

59dab31d84522_Capture1.png

However here, Buried, The Car and Cargo should be showing as BD.

59dab3c3ebdbf_Capture2.png

However in the meta for Cargo we see it has picked up the tag and heading into the movie shows the BD version of the cover.

59dab46b27c9b_Capture3.png

59dab4749a521_Capture4.png

Weirdness.

Happy2Play

So are you saying All movies presents a different cover than itemdetail cover?

Nebular Nerd

So are you saying All movies presents a different cover than itemdetail cover?

Nope that's the screwy thing, HD and SD are technically fine as Cover Art is just using the res and goes from there so we can ignore them, in the example shots 47 Ronin shows a correct BD cover in library and in the details screen yet Buried, The Car and Cargo only show HD on the library and BD once in the item view, all examples possess the ca-BD tag in their imported metadata. If I force a manual scan as suggested by Luke it will run through and the results will change at random, for example Ronin might break but Cargo will be fixed.

Any suggestion short of locking a fixed movie then just keep running scans until they all get the idea?

Happy2Play

Testing this I can't reproduce random changes.  Only thing I needed to do after adding ca-BD is refresh the screen when I went back to all Movies from itemdetail screen.

You will have to post server log to see if issue can be found.

Nebular Nerd

Testing this I can't reproduce random changes.  Only thing I needed to do after adding ca-BD is refresh the screen when I went back to all Movies from itemdetail screen.

You will have to post server log to see if issue can be found.

How's this for weirder but almost cured it, I testing changing the TAG to ca-SD and that worked straight away, then tried ca-HD and that still left the SD in place, tried ca-BD and still the SD, but the detail view reflected the changes. so for giggles I added HDDVD=BD to specifics and went back to the library to play around and suddenly everything works, looks like CoverArt was not reading the specifics quite right for some reason until I changed them, maybe whatever stores the specifics had gone wonky as it forced a big refresh when I went back to the library view. Tried deleting all the specifics and it would not let me delete them, so completely uninstalled the plugin and manually deleted the config file. Reinstalled and fixed. :)

Short version, CoverArt's config .xml had borked itself at some point and only showed up when major changes to the database in regards .xml and tag handling caused it to appear.

Thanks for suggestions and advice it certainly helped try and pin down the culprit.