CC button and subtitles

Scootertrash65
Go to solution Solved by d00zah,

Scootertrash65

This post concerns the latest versions of Emby and Emby Server

I think I have read almost every post about subtitles in the forum. However, I have yet to find a solution to my problem.

I am unable to have my subtitles to appear, regardless of what I do. I have tried renaming the subtitles to all of the suggested names( moviename.srt,  moviename.eng.srt, moviename.eng.forced.srt) to no avail.

In Server setup, I have checked the box to force always to show the subtitles.

Whe, in Emby, i look at the movies details (selecting a movie prior to watching it) the details state that there are subtitles (ENG.SRT), however still nop subtitles.

Which brings me to my second question, the CC Button. Where is the CC Button? Is it the blue button on the PlayBack strip (the one with the Play, Pause, Fast Forward etc. icons)?

If so, it is just a blue button with no discerning text, and clicking on it does nothing.

As long as I am here, I can see no way to configure an External Player as I was able to do in a considerably older version of Media Browser. If I could do that, I could switch to VLC to be my player of choice ending all of my problems.

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Larry

• Solution
d00zah

Based on your description, I'm guessing you are watching a movie in WMC? Using the 'Emby for Media Center' client plugin? If that's the case, subtitle selection would be handled depending on what codecs (LAV, Shark007, etc) you have installed. Usually via an icon in the Windows tray.

These days there are endless clients available to access the Emby server so more detail is helpful.

The 'CC' button you mention will appear in the browser-based web player like this:

post-10374-0-14613400-1499545232_thumb.jpg

External players (again, for EMC) are configured using a separate app. An 'Emby for WMC Configurator' menu item should have been created when you installed the client plugin, with a target of "C:\Program Files (x86)\MediaBrowser\MediaBrowser\Configurator.exe".

More configurator info:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/733-mb-classic-setup-and-configuration/&do=findComment&comment=23269

More general  'Emby for WMC' info:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/73-emby-for-wmc/

Edited by d00zah
  • Like 1

Scootertrash65

Thank you for the prompt reply. I did not know that the Configurator program was there. It was not on the desktop nor in the Emby folder.

I knew of the program from previous experience, just lost track of where it was.

Once again, Thank you very much for the assistance.

Larry