More control over android download formats

ginjaninja

ginjaninja

a.k.a Ideas for getting AC-3 audio to work when streaming emby synced content to fire tv using a 3rd party app.

When i synchronise movie content to my Android 7.0 S8+ in "medium quality", i am finding that dts tracks are converted to mp3 whilst AC3 tracks are maintained as AC-3.

Local S8+ playback using emby android or 3rd party player is 100% fine.

However, when i stream content to a fire tv stick using "localcast" (a 3rd parting streaming utility) running on an Amazon fire TV stick, and on the phone, AC3 sound does not work.

Is it possible to tell emby to transcode AC-3 to mp3 (like it does with DTS)?

Ie rather than Emby transcode for Android support, transcode for fire tv/local cast support

unless am i going about this the wrong way..can emby successfully stream to fire tv in an offline environment? im assuming not?

S8+ configured as wifi hotspot...with no onward data connection (no internet available)

firetv connects to S8+ hotspot

thank you

Currently there might not be a way for you to force this. I will move this to feature requests and update the title.

ginjaninja

thanks luke

regardless of my case, i can see a benefit of offering an android profile that makes most efficient use of space when the target audio device is 2 channel and storage space is at a premium...not unusual in the phone synching space.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk