Guide activity is odd

Guest asrequested

Guest asrequested

I really don't know how to explain this, well. When I first first go to the guide, it isn't starting at the current time position. And when I move down through the guide, it isn't consistent movement. I made a GIF. Hopefully it's clear enough.

58d852d69d118_Capture_12.gif

denz

@@ebr needs to give @@Luke a hand to fix the guide so it is like roku client,wmc, kodi and others the current implementation is totally wrong.

The focus behavior just needs to be adjusted. When you focus a grid cell it currently wants to center it both horizontally and vertically, and that is what's causing the jerky movement.

Guest asrequested

What about the starting position? When I first open the guide, it's a few hours behind.

Edit:

Oh I see what you mean. 

Edited by Doofus

Well the only issue is the starting position. Or rather, the only new issue is the starting position. The jerky scrolling has been an issue for a while and yes it will be getting it's turn.

Guest asrequested

Well the only issue is the starting position. Or rather, the only new issue is the starting position. The jerky scrolling has been an issue for a while and yes it will be getting it's turn.

The starting position is what the main issue is, because whatever is causing that is also affecting the rest. Before this, It worked well, for me

denz

Luke is saying the only issue is starting position but there are so many other issues for the guide to be usable if there is a movie for example and you go down it takes you to channels time needs to be fixed so as you move up or down the time should stay fixed. Luke needs to see the roku app there it has proper implementation of the tv guide.

Edited by denz

Guest asrequested

Luke is saying the only issue is starting position but there are so many other issues for the guide to be usable if there is a movie for example and you go down it takes you to channels time needs to be fixed so as you move up or down the time should stay fixed. Luke needs to see the roku app there it has proper implementation of the tv guide.

Yeah, it doesn't work well with a mouse, too. I've started looking at other players.

Edited by Doofus

• 3 weeks later...
Guest asrequested

It looks like is the issue with the guide I reported for Theater is also now in the web app.

58fd9d2a9f552_Capture_29.gif

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

.....luckily you can't do that with the scroll bar at the bottom of the guide cos it runs out of adjustment (possibly because it doesn't remotely line up with the one at the top)

Guest asrequested

There is no scroll bar at the bottom, but this is also about the starting position of the guide

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

What can I say, always knew I was special  :)

58fda5375cfe9_EmbyTVGuidebars.jpg

Windows / Chrome and our extensive collection of 15 ? channels.

Guest asrequested

That's bizarre! I've never had a second scroll bar, and why would there be a need for one? My gif is of the whole browser window. You must hate having that bottom scroll bar! That would annoy me very much.

Guest asrequested

You are looking at app.emby.media not localhost, right? In chrome?

Edited by Doofus

arrbee99

Ok. So I'm not that special after all (who knew ?), try not to rub it in. Am on localhost thingy. Still does that thing you showed in Post 1 though. Maybe I should keep quiet while I can still get out of this hole I'm digging....

Guest asrequested

Ok. So I'm not that special after all (who knew ?), try not to rub it in. Am on localhost thingy. Still does that thing you showed in Post 1 though. Maybe I should keep quiet while I can still get out of this hole I'm digging....

Lol.. I've made some daft posts on here

Guest asrequested

....and I just went here  http://app.emby.media/livetv.html   and its still got the scroll bar at the bottom - if thats the app you're talking about.

And you have space under your guide. Mine fills the screen, right down to the task bar. Mine has never looked like that. I do have several hundred channels, though. Maybe that has something to do with it?

arrbee99

Yep, on both  http://localhost:8096/emby/web/livetv.html   and  http://app.emby.media/livetv.html  they both have scroll bars at the top and bottom, which don't line up, and both have space at the bottom.

Both are different tabs in the same browser session. They are also both zoomed in, one to 110% and one to 125%, though if I set both to 100% there's still space at the bottom.

Think its changed recently - possibly someone had some issue with the guide and it was fixed for that and now there's this extra space.

speedingcheetah

Was just about to post about this...(yea for using search first...lol)  

Started using Emby Theater (desktop software, not Metro app)  now as my primary streaming software for Live TV instead of DLNA direct play via PowerDVD....cause MadVR is awesome....and Emby Theater is now working great with my multi monitor desktop.

Anyway, noticing this annoying issue too....with the guide not loading to the current time on the far left and needing to be scrolled each time i go to the page.  And, yea, ts pretty jerky in its movements and animations. No where near as smooth as with the Guide in web browser.   (metro app seems to do the same thing btw)

Edited by speedingcheetah