#21 politby OFFLINE  

politby

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 379 posts
  • Local time: 10:00 PM
  • LocationN59.45817 E18.39345

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Well, it's probably just me but I can't help thinking that's kind of a bass ackwards way. Auto organizing to me implies point the tool at a folder, the tool parses the files and looks for matches. Correctly matched files are moved/renamed, non-matches are left as they are.

Having to give the tool a long list of what to look for removes half of the usefulness.

Anyway, I managed to get MBS auto organize to do pretty much what I want now so back on topic and I'll shut up. ;)  

#22 JayAre OFFLINE  

JayAre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 03:00 PM

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:53 AM

Well, it's probably just me but I can't help thinking that's kind of a bass ackwards way. Auto organizing to me implies point the tool at a folder, the tool parses the files and looks for matches. Correctly matched files are moved/renamed, non-matches are left as they are.

Having to give the tool a long list of what to look for removes half of the usefulness.

Anyway, I managed to get MBS auto organize to do pretty much what I want now so back on topic and I'll shut up. ;)  

You do realize MBS does exactly the same thing, "the long list" you gave in MBS auto-organize is your TV series collection, in MCEBuddy, it's the Match Filter list.  In MBS auto-organize, any items not in your TV Series collection are left as is.   In MCEBduddy exactly the same, any items not on Match Filter list are also left as they are.  I actually prefer MCEBuddy, since it can create new tv series folders automatically with the correct TVDB metadata from wtv files, currently mbs cannot.   I guess I like doing things ass backwards.  I'm glad everything worked out for you!

#23 elmo OFFLINE  

elmo

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Local time: 04:00 PM

Posted 06 March 2014 - 01:55 PM

@elmo: Can you share your MCEbuddy settings?
I don't understand how you are getting it to work properly. You must have incredibly high quality EPG data from your provider given the fact MCEbuddy insists on processing everything even if it does not find a match. Makes it useless for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Not sure if this is what you are asking for.  Under Conversion Task - Advanced, I have Enable Custom File Renaming set.  Using the built in variables I basically have something like %showname%\Season 0%season%\S%season%E%episode% - %episodename%.  (MCE Buddy has the specific syntax)  The EPG is just WMC.  An no, it's not perfect for some odd ball shows.  But as long as they show up in the UI, it's good enough for me and I don't bother to tweak anything.

#24 tornadotj OFFLINE  

tornadotj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Local time: 02:00 PM

Posted 27 May 2015 - 03:24 PM

Which MCEBuddy version/release are you using?  Can  you post your MCEBuddy "Match Filters" settings?  I'm on release 14, with my current settings, any recorded shows or movies not specified to be processed are left untouched in WMC Recorded TV folder.  For example HBO show, True Detective and Cinemax show, Banshee are never processed, only items specifically listed in "file name match" are processed.  Also on release 14, MCEBuddy does an excellent job parsing  the correct, showname, season# and episode# metadata from tvdb, rename them to MB3 supported filename, then move it to any local drive or network drive.  You just need to match the "Original title" to the exact title found in TVDB or the TVDB Series ID under "Metadata Management" settings.  I'm not sure whats going with you setup, but see the attachment for my mcebuddy.conf, profile.conf and Hannibal processed show log file for comparison.  Hope it helps!

How did you set up the TVDB metadata items in MCEBuddy?

#25 Wilky13 OFFLINE  

Wilky13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:29 PM

Unfortunately that won't work for me, for redundancy reasons I need to keep the recorded TV folder on a volume separate from the MB3 hierarchy.
Did you manage to get MCEbuddy to ignore incomplete matches? If you did, please post your settings.
I don't want it to do anything unless it finds a reliable match. Everything not matched should just stay in the recorded TV folder. When I tried it, it put unmatched episodes in folders named just "Season" and named them randomly.
What does your .wtv metadata look like? How do you get the episode information?
OTOH I used the the registry settings (thanks!) so now I get file names like
"Criminal Minds-Season 2, Episode 21 - Open Season.wtv"
which if nothing else will greatly facilitate manual organization :)
Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

How did you get WMC. To do the Season number and Episode number?

#26 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124321 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 09:44 PM

@Wilky13 can you please describe what you're asking in more detail? Thanks !

#27 Wilky13 OFFLINE  

Wilky13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 15 September 2018 - 10:46 PM

@Wilky13 can you please describe what you're asking in more detail? Thanks !

@Luke WMC normally doesn't include season number and episode number in the file name.  I was wondering how @politby was able to do so.  I posted a new topic here to avoid reviving this old post: https://emby.media/c...mc-recordings/ 

Edited by Wilky13, 15 September 2018 - 10:49 PM.

#28 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124321 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 08:15 PM

If you can provide a sample file for testing I can see what data ffprobe is able to extract. Thanks.

#29 Wilky13 OFFLINE  

Wilky13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 10:44 PM

If you can provide a sample file for testing I can see what data ffprobe is able to extract. Thanks.

@Luke Here is short snip of NCIS: LA.  Recorded tonight through WMC (during a commercial).

https://1drv.ms/f/s!...mBh8_bH1G18pPu_

#30 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124321 posts

Posted 16 September 2018 - 11:27 PM

We'll talk here:

https://emby.media/c...gs/#entry622620

Thanks.

3 user(s) are reading this topic