How to activate hardware transcoding?

ariznaf

In the near future we are planning on taking over packaging of the QNAP package, and at that point we will have official guidance on GPU acceleration. Thanks !

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Any progress Luke with that HW accel? I want to buy the ts-451+. I heard great reviews about it and about QNAP in general.

If it's a stupid question, then please don't mind me.

• 2 months later...

We have a new QNAP package available for testing:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/51334-new-qnap-package-for-testing/

Unlike the current package in the QNAP community, this is built by the Emby Team and will be tested and supported by us. It is also built with the new .NET Core runtime from Microsoft, which has major performance improvements over the mono runtime used by the community package. 

Please try it out if interested in helping us test it. Thanks !

Greta news.

My qnap is not working correctly now, it missed the admin password and i cannot connect to it and change things.

I have to investigate how to solve that and as soon as i solve it i eill try the new package.

Dear Luke, I have deinstalled the qnap club package, as well as ffmpeg package and qmono and installed (and reinstalled once again after I tried first time) the linked new x64 testing package. I wish I could provide you logs but all it says is that the connection is refused when I try to start it up. Any hints how I can help you figuring out what's wrong? Thank you!

Edit: for those who experience the same issue as me: stop the package from the app center and start it once more(just removing and reinstalling it won't help, stop the new emby package and start it again) works for me. Sometimes I have to repeat stopping/starting several times for emby to launch. Hope that helps also someone else here.

Edited by sectune