Local IP Address

7ven

I'm sorry if this has been asked before and I didnt know what to search for in the bar, but, how do i connect kodi emby via ip address? when I load the addon into kodi and attempt to configure, I get to a step asking for an SSL certificate. Im not running HTTPS on my network and all of the other apps can sign in via IP address. Am I using the wrong version of the app or something?

Rumbaar

On a side note, if your EMBY server is on a machine that uses your routers DHCP you might want to assign it a static IP at your router level.  To ensure it's at the same IP each time, can make life a little bit easier sometimes.

I ended up resetting/recreated my kodi buid and was a little more patient the second time. I let the addon install and a box popped similiar to the login on the PC. I havent used Emby since it became emby. I used it during the Media Browser days. I actually went to the apple store today looking for medaibrowser 3 and learned it became Emby. My old login info still worked so thats awesome. I came back because I learned how to code in Amazon Lambda and the team I learned the code from uses emby. Its alot prettier than it used to be. I love the media gathering. Plex has been horrible exerience for 3 years. Great Job guys.