[Openmediavault v3] Error during install unmet dependencies

ThermoDust

ThermoDust
The following packages have unmet dependencies:

openmediavault-emby : Depends: openmediavault (= 3.0.13) but 3.0.59 is to be installed

E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

When trying to install the package it warns me with the above. I checked Openmediavault and it is version 3.0.59.

FYI - I am just now jumping into the Linux world. I figured a home server would be a good start :)

post-8973-0-80784000-1483639070_thumb.png

ThermoDust

there is. It gave an error just like that above but I wanted to see if it said anything more so I ran it from apt-get also.

post-8973-0-40279300-1483640831_thumb.png

hurricanehrndz

Bump - Is there a fix for this or is it safe to force install it? 

You can fork and fix it: https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-emby/tree/master/debian

• Change control to be openmediavault (>= 3.0.13)

https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-emby/blob/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/emby

• Install function in script needs a huge overhaul, Instead of installing emby from mono.zip release. I would add the repos and run an `apt-get install` command.
  • You can see example of adding repos from the omvextras plugin

I would do it, but this is an opensource project and as such we need the community to contribute back otherwise we will not flourish.

Or you can install use debian instructions.

hurricanehrndz

Bump - Is there a fix for this or is it safe to force install it? 

PS Force install will not work, at least that's what I have seen from other user reports and from reading the code.

ThermoDust

You can fork and fix it: https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-emby/tree/master/debian

• Change control to be openmediavault (>= 3.0.13)

https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/openmediavault-emby/blob/master/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/emby

• Install function in script needs a huge overhaul, Instead of installing emby from mono.zip release. I would add the repos and run an `apt-get install` command.
  • You can see example of adding repos from the omvextras plugin

I would do it, but this is an opensource project and as such we need the community to contribute back otherwise we will not flourish.

Or you can install use debian instructions.

Yeah. Way beyond my skill level. I only just got into Linux and the programming is another beyond me. I gave up programming 10+ years ago, and that was just PHP.

Guess I am going to try the Debian install process. 

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 openmediavault-emby : Depends: openmediavault (= 3.0.13) but 3.0.59 is to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

When trying to install the package it warns me with the above. I checked Openmediavault and it is version 3.0.59.

FYI - I am just now jumping into the Linux world. I figured a home server would be a good start :)

thumb.png

Install a genuine Emby server, from the official site. Why do you have to depend on an intermediary who reworks Emby for openmediavault?

I installed and satisfied.

For Debian 8.0 run the following as root:

echo 'deb http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:/emby/Debian_8.0/ /' > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/emby-server.list

wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:emby/Debian_8.0/Release.key

apt-key add - < Release.key

apt-get update

apt-get install emby-server

FAQ

Edited by evaxp

ThermoDust

I shall try. Also any recommendations on setting up a good copy of Openmediafvault? Like issues you have seen or had to correct for using with Emby?

I shall try. Also any recommendations on setting up a good copy of Openmediafvault? Like issues you have seen or had to correct for using with Emby?

I have problems all that here on the forum, as part of the product, which has a lot of problems. But I have no problems between Emby and openmediavault. Install and operate normally.

After installing the Emby keeps track of new versions. Without intermediaries.

Of the benefits of a clean installation, database server Emby can be positioned on the system drive. I have a SSD system disk, significantly increases the speed of operation.

Hopefully we can get both figured out. The pure Debian option is great but most OMV users won't realize that. They'll choose the OMV plugin and then will probably give up when it gives them an error.

ThermoDust

Well, I can say for sure the pure Debian works/installs wonderfully. I personally would like the OMV edition just for the interface in the GUI but that isn't a make or break as long as Emby runs well and updates with no issue on the the pure.

Well, I can say for sure the pure Debian works/installs wonderfully. I personally would like the OMV edition just for the interface in the GUI but that isn't a make or break as long as Emby runs well and updates with no issue on the the pure.

OMV edition just for the interface in the GUI for emby, it is a myth. There's nothing useful + trimmed functional, something like a crutch.. Still it is necessary to wait for the guy, who download the original Emby, and disfigure it to omv.

All configuration is here:

thumb.png

Or here:

thumb.png

------------------------------------------------------

:)

Edited by evaxp