Remote Control

jasonwilliams

jasonwilliams

First: want to say I love both Ember and Emby!

I have recently found myself using Ember as a remote for Emby (especially while wandering away from the main screen on my rig) and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping somebody can help with.

1.  When using Ember as a remote to play a music playlist to Emby, it seems that Emby won't stay on the "Now Playing" screen when moving between songs.  Is it possible to make Emby stay on now playing?

2.  If you send a playlist to Emby, it seems you cannot add more songs (or modify the playlist in any way).  Is this planned for a future release?  It would be great to be able to actually manage the whole playlist - change song order, remove songs, add songs etc...  That would make Ember the ultimate party companion app!

Thanks!

7illusions

First: want to say I love both Ember and Emby!

I have recently found myself using Ember as a remote for Emby (especially while wandering away from the main screen on my rig) and I have a couple of questions I'm hoping somebody can help with.

1.  When using Ember as a remote to play a music playlist to Emby, it seems that Emby won't stay on the "Now Playing" screen when moving between songs.  Is it possible to make Emby stay on now playing?

2.  If you send a playlist to Emby, it seems you cannot add more songs (or modify the playlist in any way).  Is this planned for a future release?  It would be great to be able to actually manage the whole playlist - change song order, remove songs, add songs etc...  That would make Ember the ultimate party companion app!

Thanks!

Glad you like it. :)

1. I guess that will have to be looked into by Luke, I don't understand why the client changes view when be remotely controlled, Ember doesn't ask for it to change view, just to change track.

2. It's on my todo-list to do a Proof Of Concept on this in the near future.

jasonwilliams

That's awesome and thank you. If you need alpha testers I'm happy to help.

One more quick Q... It seems WOL has ceased working. Right now I use a third party app to wake the server before I can connect. Are you seeing the same behavior?