Unwanted push information, unable to disable.

NemesisZeRo

NemesisZeRo

Got a push from my emby server 3.47 am today (see screenshot), I don't know why I got it, I've haven't selected to get any unwanted information about something I'm not using?

pa.jpg

And there isn't any settings in emby to turn on/off that..

Or am I missing something?

Happy2Play

I don't think there is a setting to disable Announcements that are pushed from the forum to the server.

Sammy

For something that comes from a different time zone where people are awake into one where people are not there should be.

NemesisZeRo

We need a setting to disable that, it's okey that the info gets to the server, but it's not necessary to push it out to Pushbullet (which is what I'm using)

Skickat från min SM-J500FN via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Happy2Play

If a option to disable Announcements is made it would apply to all Announcements to include new server and things that you may use. 

horstepipe

I'm quite angry about it, too.

It's ok when you force this "ads" for users using the free Emby version,

but spread these to paying customers (who where thinking paying for Emby premiere gives them an ads-free experience) is a shame.

Especially these "announcements" are being sent to EVERY user is very annoying for them and for the admins, who are being contfronted with confused user questions about these notifications.

CBers

We need a setting to disable that, it's okey that the info gets to the server, but it's not necessary to push it out to Pushbullet (which is what I'm using)

Yes, I'd like to see some way of stop receiving announcements.

I look after 6 separate EMBY server setups and I get the email notifications for all of them !!

I need the server updates/restarts/failures etc/. but not the announcements.

• 3 weeks later...
CBers

@Luke/@ebr - is there a way of opting out of the ANNOUNCEMENT emails ??

I can't see an UNSUBSCRIBE link in the emails that come out.

I still want server notifications emails, but not that fussed about ANNOUNCEMENT ones, as I see them on the forums.

Thanks.

• Like 1

CBers

I would imagine your forum settings would control that.

I have that disabled, plus it's only for my forum account.

Capture1146.jpg

I need to stop the News and Information emails that are sent out through the other servers that I manage, as i don't need to see the same email 6 times.

• Like 1

Happy2Play

So would this be a server issue or a plugin issue?  As it is then notification plugin sending the information.  @@snazy2000 can notification be limited to what appears on the notification page?

CBers

So would this be a server issue or a plugin issue?  As it is then notification plugin sending the information.

Good question.

The emails are being sent via the email addresses set up in the Email plugin, so I guess it needs looking at.