Scan Media Library Stuck at 75.4%

Katia Rosado

Katia Rosado

First off i must say thank you to all the team at emby for a really nice program.

I'm fairly new to media servers and emby but i managed to create the server on a desktop with win10 and share my server to other machines via emby for kodi. All smooth!

But i recently bought a pi3 and started from scrap building the server on the pi with my OS being Ubuntu 16.04.

I have two Hdd conected to the pi and one has the Movie folder and the other Tv Shows folder.

Made the shares with Caja Share and it's ok but...my library scan keeps getting stuck at 75.4% and crashes my server...

As i'm a noob i don't know what do to next... :(

Yesterday i've upgraded my server so i'm now on 3.1.2 and it shows up to date on the dashboard. 

Here's my log. Hope you can help.

Thanks in advance

Kátia

Log 05_01.txt

Edited by Katia Rosado

Katia Rosado

Hi Luke! Not anymore...aborted the mission. :(  

Now i'm trying to install the server with Debian Jessie and i hope i can do it because the first to time it was missing both the embymagick and libsqlite3 using your instructions on the download page.

Thank You for your time either way...being a noob it's hard!  :)

Katia Rosado

Ahah not so good either...i don't know if it was because of the ffmpeg but the image on the files playback on the server was really choppy and in ubuntu was really good so i'm back to square 1 with the library stucking arround 65% and crashing the server. What i've done new this time was i deleted all the .nfo files and .jpeg and etc so that my library would only have the avi/mp4/mkv file and the subs and after that i will refresh the mediadata manager and arrange the files...but still it's getting stuck and crashing... :mellow: If you have any tip i would be very thankful... ^_^

Katia Rosado

So Luke, Yesterday i don't know how and why the server "finally" managed to finish the library scan (as image shows) but today it's doing the same thing...

And i don't know why but in my options to reply to the topic, the attachment manager is not showing up so i just posted the new log on my original post.

I'm considering trying to do some tweaking with my ubuntu so it's more optimized for the server function but i don't really think this is a hardware question because i know there's lot of people running emby server on rpi with no such problems. Hope you can help me solve this...

586e17c9923d9_Scan.jpg

Katia Rosado

After 4 or 5 reboots and decreasing swap usage to 10 this just happened...i'm sure if i should laugh or cry!  :mellow:

But i think that it's not normal that i have to reboot so many times and force the library to scan everyday so if you can check the log and see if there is anything wrong i'd really appreciate.

Thank You so much for your time!

586e232475786_Untitled.jpg

karaskis

@@Luke

I'm having the exact same problem running on a pi3 with OSMC.

Everything works fine but when I added the media path to my series folder the library scan get's stuck and the pi freezes. 

I lose everything, even ssh connection to pi.

I left my server on for over 24 hours (although it looked frozen) and nothing happened. To keep my pi on I have to unplug it and as soon as it boots cancel the library scan.

Can you take a look at my log?

Thanks

serverlog.txt

server log after restart2.txt

server log after restart1.txt

@@karaskis, you're running sqlite 3.8.7. We are not testing on a version that old. Try getting updated to the latest, 3.16.1. Once you've done that I would suggest deleting and rebuilding the databases. Thanks !

Katia Rosado

Hi luke!

Did you find any error with my log luke? I just waked up and went to check the server and it's up and running and it has done a scan in the middle of the night taking around 6 min. So i guess it auto solved.

If i have any more problem with the scan i'll report because i'm now gona add the movie library to the server (this was the TV shows)...Let's see how it goes! Thank you for your time!  ;)

Now going back to the struggle with kodi native paths settings and my samba shares... :wacko:

karaskis

@@karaskis, you're running sqlite 3.8.7. We are not testing on a version that old. Try getting updated to the latest, 3.16.1. Once you've done that I would suggest deleting and rebuilding the databases. Thanks !

@@Luke, thanks for the quick reply. 

Do you know if there is a tutorial or instructions on how to do that?

Tks

mastrmind11

@@Luke, thanks for the quick reply. 

Do you know if there is a tutorial or instructions on how to do that?

Tks

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade sqllite

then just delete your library.db and rescan your library from the UI.

karaskis

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade sqllite

then just delete your library.db and rescan your library from the UI.

Hi @mastrmind11 and @@Luke,

I've upgraded sqlite successfully but emby is still using the old version 3.8.7.

How is this possible? Do I need to point to a new path?

Thanks

5870da765d1e5_CapturadeTela20170107as100

2017-01-07 09:06:23.8587 Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite version: 3.8.7

2017-01-07 09:06:23.8634 Info SqliteUserRepository: Sqlite compiler options: ENABLE_COLUMN_METADATA,ENABLE_FTS3,ENABLE_RTREE,ENABLE_UNLOCK_NOTIFY,ENABLE_UPDATE_DELETE_LIMIT,MAX_SCHEMA_RETRY=25,OMIT_LOOKASIDE,SECURE_DELETE,SOUNDEX,SYSTEM_MALLOC,TEMP_STORE=1,THREADSAFE=1

server log 3.txt

Edited by karaskis

karaskis

How do you know that you updated?

@@Luke,

See terminal screen with ssh commands.

It's in portuguese but you can check the response.

The first time I ran sudo apt-get upgrade sqlite it really did downlod and upgrade. Now if I run it again it says its up to date.

Edited by karaskis

karaskis

@@Luke,

Adding info...

Maybe it has something to with this System.Data.SQLite.dll.config file I found in the /opt/mediabrowser folder. File content below:

<configuration>

<dllmap dll="sqlite3" target="libsqlite3.so.0" os="linux"/>
</configuration>

It's pointing to a libsqlite3. Is this correct?

Thanks

Well only you can determine that. what does libsqlite3.so.0 resolve to on your system? maybe it is pointing to the old version?

keep in mind that file is not used anymore, instead see

SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlite3.dll.config

perhaps try changing it to just sqlite3.so, and see what that points to.

karaskis

Well only you can determine that. what does libsqlite3.so.0 resolve to on your system? maybe it is pointing to the old version?

keep in mind that file is not used anymore, instead see

SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlite3.dll.config

perhaps try changing it to just sqlite3.so, and see what that points to.

@@Luke,

Changing to sqlite3.so did not work.

When I change it in SQLitePCLRaw.provider.sqlite3.dll.config and I restart the service, nothing changes. Emby server restart running Sqlite version: 3.8.7 (I've checked the log).

The odd thing is if I change it in System.Data.SQLite.dll.config the web access to server will not restart.

Noob questions, how can I know what libsqlite3.so.0 points to? And how to force it to point to sqlite3?

Thanks

how did you install Emby Server again? because our official packages handle all of this work for you.