Other items

legallink

legallink

I've got the star wars collection, but for some reason it lists only Star Wars TFA as a movie, and all the other items are listed as "other items".  Any way to alter that?  I looked in the collection xml and didn't see anything.

Screen shots and xml attached.

Info when not in the collection is nearly identical.  It seems to be treating the rest of the movies (not Sta Wars TFA) as something other than movies?

Thoughts?

post-2681-0-82787400-1482154618_thumb.png

post-2681-0-51258700-1482154621_thumb.png

post-2681-0-02126100-1482154622_thumb.png

post-2681-0-56335000-1482154622_thumb.png

collection.xml

My Star Wars Collection.xml is identical to yours but they are all shown as Movies. Perhaps you could delete the collection, run the Clean DB task and then re-create it. Hopefully that will fix it.

Do they all have a tmdb ID in their metadata? What happens if you create one manually - 3 dot menu - add to collection?

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

legallink

They do all have the tmdb ID in their metadata....perhaps I should remove it?  When I create it manually, they are put as "other items".  Makes no sense to me.  It appears as if they are being incorporated as something other than movies.

Happy2Play

How are your libraries setup?  Your screenshots show different paths (local and shares).

Good point Happy, Legallink, are you viewing this data from a remote PC? if so that would answer your question, the remote pc cannot see G:\Movies... on the remote pc, but it can see \\LIVINGROOMHTPC\Movies2\Movies... Hence it knows that Star Wars: TFA is a movie but doesn't know what the others are...

legallink

Thanks for the responses @@Happy2Play and @ Jordy and sorry for the slow response on my end.

All the movies are in the same G:\Movies, in the same type of hierarchy, so I don't know why it would see one movie differently than another movie.  The libraries are all on local drives (no network storage outside of the Emby server).  The Emby server is installed on an SSD, and the libraries are on local mechanical drives (8 TB drives across).

Libraries are setup to be [Drive:\Movies\Movie Title\Movie Title.mkv], and each library folder is also shared on the network (hence the network shares).  The Movie Library is spread across multiple drives, and I don't have drive pool or related setup, so they are multiple drives, but done alphabetically, so for this instance, all the Star Wars movies are in the same drive.

As for them being listed differently, the info on a per movie basis is different per version of the movie (aka it links the mkv to the share and the mp4 to the local link).  And the "Other Items" are displayed as only the mkv's, hence the display of the local library and not the network share.

That being said, I'm not sure what the issue was/is, but I renamed the movie files, rescanned the library, and they are now recognized as movies.  No idea what the problem is/was.

-update - when I install autobox sets, it repopulates with the other items (historical don't exist items anymore, but still there).  Uninstalled autobox sets, and everything appears correctly.

Edited by legallink

Hmmm... that kinda sounds like there are some items still in the database that are visible to the auto box set routine but not the general interface.  Have you run a clean database?