Emby sync on Chromebook external SD

Jmcqup

Hello. After migrating from a simple NAS - Kodi setup I'm trying to get the most our of the functionality for syncing content to my devices. I have an Asus Chromebook Flip which is on the bleeding edge of allowing Android Play store apps being installed on a chromebook. Happily Emby works fine (only maintains the title bar)! But... when syncing content it only finds the internal storage and will not recognize the external SD card. (Of the play store apps on an Chomebook, only VLC finds the external drive) I've tried both the chromebook 'app' and the android app and simply cannot find a way to set the offline storage to the external sd card. 

Any ideas to accomplish this would be much appreciated!

cheers

-j

Hi. Luke,

Yup. I have tried three options.

1. app.emby.media (allows to download, but not sync, can access the external SD card )

2. chromebook 'app' that looks better for playing, but does not allow sync or downloading (anywhere)

3. Play (Beta) available on Asus Flip. Works to play, cannot find the external SD card when configuring ... only VLC of the play store (beta) apps seems to be able to do so.

with thanks

-j

Hi, welcome. Did you try customizing the sync path in app settings?

Hi 

• 6 months later...

@@Jmcqup

2.9.32 is rolling out and supports offline browsing and playback. The feature is still very new so please make sure to leave your feedback and we will continue to improve it. Thanks !