Music Channels In HDHomerun Cause Errors

maegibbons

maegibbons

Hi

If you try and play Freeview radio in emby through HDHomerun you effectively lock the tuner interface.

You have to restart emby to release the tuner interface again.

Server log attached showing errors.

KR's

Mark

server-radio.txt

• 4 weeks later...
maegibbons

Hi

Looked at this again.

Appears that the tuner does not get locked anymore but Radio channels still do not play.  Looks as though ffmpeg is complaining about inalid stream.

Enclosed are ffmpeg and server logs.

Could you please have a look at this @Luke.  My wife is complaining because she liked listening to radio through Sky box and at the moment i am not delivering the same experience with emby :-(

Krs

Mark

server-radio.txt

ffmpeg-radio.txt

Edited by maegibbons

If you open this url in a browser

http://194.70.152.71/lineup.json

What is the result? thanks.

maegibbons

@Luke

In the 700's

the particular one of most concern is 728 "heart"

Krs

Mark

ok i'm putting in a change for the next beta but this will probably require multiple changes to get done. unfortunately the hdhomerun data gives us nothing to indicate it's an audio only channel, so we have to make sure the video transcoding api's can handle that.

maegibbons

Hi

@Luke

Many thanks for trying to address it.  Let me know which beta it is in when released.  Thanks

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

@Luke

I hate to disagree but it is - check the file name 5fdd305794964e7bafb18bf7e4d5ac1d - it appears in the server log.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

Hi

The second beta of the day "Version 3.1.268.0 beta"  released at approx 3.45am GMT this morning has made some progress in this regard.

The web app now plays the radio stream just fine.

The android mobile app does play the stream but screen goes blank and you cannot bring up OSD to stop the stream.  You have to back out of it to the guide and the stream eventually stops after about 15 secs.

The android/fire tv app does NOT play the stream just spinning circle.  I then press "!" to loop through transcode but all fail.  Please find server log enclosed.  There were no ffmpeg logs.

Thanks for continuing to look at this and thanks for the progress made.  Wife will be happy when she can play radio on her Android TV box!!!  And a happy wife is good news!

Krs

Mark.

server-radio-3.txt

• 5 years later...
Dan_Austin

I know I participated in a similar thread, but cannot find it now.  Someone started a recording on a music channel (Sparklight cablecard through a Ceton and a HDHR proxy).  This got me thinking about this again, as I live in an FM dead zone and not a fan of online music services.  The recordings play in Chrome, and stand-alone VLC player, but not ATV.  I can share a sample if that would be interesting to any developers.  Also interesting is that the web player cannot play the channel live even though recordings play fine.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2022 at 5:06 PM, Dan_Austin said:

I know I participated in a similar thread, but cannot find it now.  Someone started a recording on a music channel (Sparklight cablecard through a Ceton and a HDHR proxy).  This got me thinking about this again, as I live in an FM dead zone and not a fan of online music services.  The recordings play in Chrome, and stand-alone VLC player, but not ATV.  I can share a sample if that would be interesting to any developers.  Also interesting is that the web player cannot play the channel live even though recordings play fine.

@Dan_Austin 

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

Dan_Austin

The attached zip has a recording sample.  I played the recording in chrome, and then the live channel, then tried both in ATV
It plays with transcoding in Chrome.  I will try disabling direct play in ATV to see it if helps playback there.
If I recall the issue was due to the very low video bitrate on the music channels

ffmpeg-transcode-097df36c-f002-453a-90ec-1e7276e67d7a_1.txt ffmpeg-directstream-0dd68b47-f13e-4df2-a1e6-c06b2e3df88e_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-be5cadd8-dcef-40e5-9635-1137e2685741_1.txt music.zip embyserver (4).txt