Trailers plugin - trakt.tv integration

trusselo

trusselo

just had a crazy idea, that would be interesting for trakt users, but awesome for MediaCenterMaster users.

With the trailers plugin, for all "upcoming movie" trailers, if it were able to get each trailer matched up with its movie on trakt.tv, then it could be set so if you mark a trailer as favorite in MBC or MBT, it will add that movie to a pre-defined list on your trakt.tv account.

Have it selectable between add to "watchlist", or "customlist" (this is where MCM users would add movies to the MCM list we can set up, nuff said).

with the pre-existing trakt plugin, the sign-in credentials and API key are already available, the only IF, in this request, is if the trailers can easily be matched with their trakt.tv movie counterpart, the rest is fairly simple.

the only thing to keep in mind, just to avoid issues, when in MB and you mark a trailer as favorite, it should then send the item to the trakt.tv list, then remove favorite in MB, as movies tend to get removed from the custom list, and it would be bothersome if they kept re-adding themselves.

Edited by trusselo

Redshirt

I actually did similar with the MB2 version of Trakt. A user could select a trailer and add it to their watchlist. Assuming there was a movie entry already on trakt.tv for that trailer. I would like to see the same feature and more return to the MB3 version of Trakt.

Edited by Redshirt

trusselo

Sweet. I would love to be able to easily add shows to my custom MCM list, so they will get added to my collection on release day.

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.

We're looking for a new developer to take on some Trakt work. Trusselo, in regards to promoting, maybe you can help recruit for that?

Redshirt

The two Trakt client projects are also in my repository collection. Although both are really just basic skeletons at this point.

trusselo

speaking of trakt, not sure if anyone else is doing what i am, but i only have the server plugin installed to keep track of my library (new additions ect) and watched statuses, but do NOT have the client trakt plugin installed, so i dont have to bother with the reviews page.

simple and elegant, no interaction, no annoyances 

I'm with you trusselo. I only use the server one and only will. The rest is just fluff. I don't care to rate stuff, just care about watched status and library.

Redshirt

Seeing as the MBC plugin is horribly broken right now I can't blame anyone for feeling that way. This feature, if implemented would have to be done at the client level as it requires UI interaction. It would have to be part of the fluff :)

trusselo

Then it would be nice if we were able to turn off the review system

- Sent from my Galaxy S IV

MediaBrowser - Take your media to the next level.

XDA developers - Your home for mobile device development.