How do you use MediaBrowser??

Cheesegeezer

How do you use MediaBrowser  

203 members have voted

1. 1. What Client do you use MediaBrowser on (Select all that apply)

2. 2. Where Do You Use MediaBrowser (Select All that Apply)

3. 3. Are You Happy With MediaBrowser

CBers

Take a look at this: Rikomagic MK902 Quad Core

It has an Ethernet Port and built-in 5MP camera for use with Hangouts or Skype !!

PRICE: £89.99

There is also a 16Gb version for another £5.

Gonna wait and see how Mr. Cheese gets on with his before I jump in, plus there's always the CC to consider ;)

Edited by CBers

Cheesegeezer

Sorry to say, I do not use MB3 as I used to be.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It cannot be......

Koleckai Silvestri

Hmm.. The "Android Box" offerings in the US Amazon store are getting very poor ratings. I might wait to give them a shot. Though I did purchase one of my Raspberry PIs from the UK (not Amazon) without trouble.  Would have to be VESA mount and use bluetooth or WifiDirect for the remote so I could hide the box though. RF needs to be visible. That is one thing I like about the Roku 3, it isn't visible.

Edited by Wayne Luke

Latchmor

It has an Ethernet Port and built-in 5MP camera for use with Hangouts or Skype !!

Gonna wait and see how Mr. Cheese gets on with his before I jump in, plus there's always the CC to consider ;)

That is the exact 16Gb one I was looking at a few weeks ago. If I was buying now it would be that one.

I'm in no hurry though (bought enough gadgets recently!) and I see Rockchip are releasing with a new chip (RK3288) next month so I'm happy to wait and see what else appears.

Cheers

Cheesegeezer

I'm kinda retrospectively thinking I should've got that one but i wanna check out what a quad core can perform like before jumping in.  The main reason is..... 

Kitchen Touchscreen monitor :D

Going back to Plex? Or just not using anything?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! It cannot be......

Not using any thing at the moment my friends, but consider some brands option at the moment.

Would be good for the cheap Android boxes coming out of China and devices like the Ouya (another store to get into).

I agree.  I have 2 cheap China set top boxes (that I would like to use for something) and the Ouya.

Yeah I'm not sure we have a lot of activity from the Roku users on here, even though we have had 25,000 installations of the channel now.

Well, in my case, I'm waiting for some movement on the Handbrake/subtitle issue. I haven't been using the Roku much because I stopped converting my movies until I hear what you guys find out. But I hope to use it a lot in the near future.

Sent from my Nexus 7

candybar213

Yeah I'm not sure we have a lot of activity from the Roku users on here, even though we have had 25,000 installations of the channel now.

My kids use 2 rokus a couple hours each everyday and we are looking at buying a third for the wide and I so keep working one it and we will continue to use it

The Candybar213

• 3 weeks later...
PBzeer

I originally got MB2 to play my DVD rips. Living on a boat, where space is a premium, having my movies on the computer makes watching easier, and after ripping, I used paper sleeves for the discs, and freed up a whole lot of wasted space. Once I learned the basics of metadata and fanart though, it became a bit of a vanity thing as well. I make a lot of slideshow videos as a vehicle for songs, in the beginning, using cruising pictures, and have since started trying to tell a story with the video and added the lyrics for the songs. With MBC I can see my custom folder images, backdrops and other various pieces of fanart (as well as put myself in the credits) in a "professional" looking manner that's a lot less sterile looking than WMC.

For anyone with an interest, you can find some of my videos on the dufoos12 channel on Youtube. (Eventually they'll all be replaced, once (and if) I come up with a presention format I want to stick with)

Great job on a great application.

• 2 weeks later...
spriggig

I just switched from MB2 to MB3/MBC/MBT last week.

Favorites: Video backdrops, server/client configuration.

Least liked: MBC doesn't like my Win7 machine too well, but works fine on Win 8.1. MBT works fine on both, but it's ugly to me and, so far, there are no themes to help that.

pmac

I just switched from MB2 to MB3/MBC/MBT last week.

Favorites: Video backdrops, server/client configuration.

Least liked: MBC doesn't like my Win7 machine too well, but works fine on Win 8.1. MBT works fine on both, but it's ugly to me and, so far, there are no themes to help that.

I used to be on the fence about the visual style of MBT when I first switched, and honestly, I didn't really like it either. Feature wise, and just for the sheer speed of it, I decided to stick with it.

Now I've grown to like the simple, clean style of it, and actually can't stand the look of MBC anymore. MBT just seems more "Professional" looking in my opinion. Everything seems to be more crisp-looking in MBT, and aside from the lack of a few little features/tweaks here and there, I think it's perfect.

I'm sure once it gets a release candidate, it'll already have a few themes in the works as well.

saitoh183

I started with MBC but the slowness compared to mbt turned me off and it didn't pass the waf test. Mbt would have been my choice but it's not at a usable stage for me yet. So my current setup is mediaportal with mb3 add-on for now till Mbt get more flexibility.

Sent from my SGH-S730M using Tapatalk

Slouchmr

I am pretty sure your missing a big community not having iPad app.  Most ppl wont watch shows on there iphones because the screen is too small and thats why androids devices have so many votes.  I reckon if you get ipad app out you will start getting the people in.

Deihmos

When I use to commute I would drop videos on the phone but I can't see myself streaming them. An option for locally stored videos would be great

Sent from my Surface Pro 2 using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...
Cheesegeezer

Reviving this topic since we have so many new members ;)

Please add to the poll thanks :D

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Media browser Server and client by far is great now since my last post here.

Luke, Ebr and the dev's team did great job indeed.

The web client now great, on top of that, the web client player day by day will replace every clients for my htpc "soon" :)

I am really very happy for what Media Browser has become, great indeed.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

Main use is for the second tv, a wireless connection to a roku2. Still using wmc on my main PC for its live tv functionality with MBC getting occasional use. Everything else is looking excellent but live tv is a must to complete MBT and make me move. I've looked at trying MBC as the primary part of my wmc set up but it is too slow on my nuc. MBT is speedy as anything though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk